Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning
Thread Author: Redviper Replies: 16

Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - Redviper
Hi all

I posted this too on Vectra.com however i wondered if someone here would know the anwser.

My handbook states that the car must be serviced every 20k miles or 12 months (whichever comes 1st).

The car was serviced from the independant that i bought the car from as when i took it out, it for a test drive did come up INSP on the dash.

this was serviced on the 15/05/2010 so 12 months has now passed however the car is still not asking for a service (INSP) im worried that somehow its been permantly disabled

I like to (finances permitting) service as soon as the car instructs its time to go into the garage, and I like my cars to work properly, - Im worried that somehow its been permantly disabled
Someone on vectra c.com mentioned that you can check the interval of a service by pressing the odometer reset in, however mine does not do this either.

Can anyone advise, thanks in advance

Ste

Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - Zero
how many miles has it done since the last service?
Hi
approx 13k

Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - VxFan
I don't think it's mileage dependant unless on ECOService-Flex intervals - the way to tell is to press the trip reset without the key in the ignition. If it is, then a picture of a spanner through an oil can with the remaining mileage left till next service will be displayed in the LED display in the rev counter. If not, then it's on fixed term service intervals, as you've said, 20,000 OR 12 months - which ever comes sooner.

The INSP on mine appears approx 3 weeks before the year is up from the last service interval.

I take it no one has manually reset it before you owned it (only applicable if you've owned it for less than a year).

>> this was serviced on the 15/05/2010 so 12 months has now passed

I assume you meant 2009, not 2010?
Hi
Sorry yes i meant 2009

I pressed the odomoter reset button before ignition on, and nothing happened, since i have the car it has not been manually reset (i dont know how to do it) and nor has there been a disconnection of the battery

as it was last serviced on 15/05/2010 so its now technically 3 days overdue, however someone on vectra C has said that its not date dependant, and will only show when the milage gets to 40k, if thats a correct my Astra G did do it on the date.
>> however someone on vectra C has said that its not date dependant,

I followed up that post by saying that the InSP appears approx 3 weeks before my car is due its next service and I only do around 10,000 miles a year.

I'm wondering if the service reminder has been disabled via a tech2 session at the Vauxhall dealer.
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - Zero
Does it really matter? You know the interval (time or mileage), and you know when it was last done. So just service it when its due. Why wait for a message?
Hi Guys, thanks for the replys

Thanks Dave, yes i saw your reply and im wondering the same thing im going to take it to Vauxhall at the end of this month for its service, and ill ask them about it do you think they will be able to reactivate it?

Zero, No i dont suppose it matters in the grand scheme of things but I like my cars to work as they where intended to, so it kind of bothers me - if its something that can be easily re-activated then alls well and good.
>> do you think they will be able to reactivate it?

I don't see why not. I got my local dealer to change the service interval on my previous Vectra-C from eco-flex to fixed term.
Excellent, thankyou very much for your help
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - Iffy
RV,

I've got a hardly used sump sucker if you want to do quick oil change.

Thanks ifithelps

Ive got it booked in for a service next week, however i might take you up on that offer in the near future , as I plan to do 6 month oil changes,

Thankyou very much though, much apreciated
 Vauxhall Vectra C - 06 1.8 INSP Warning - Iffy
...thanks ifithelps...

RV,

No probs.

What some of the other members might not appreciate is we are not very far apart, particularly when I'm in the caravan.

I'd be pleased to see someone else get some benefit from my oil extractor, which otherwise will only get used once a year.

>> What some of the other members might not appreciate is we are not very far
>> apart, particularly when I'm in the caravan.

Yes thats true

Im born and bred in North Yorkshire, Richmond is where i lived until recently however house prices work location etc have forced me over the border in Darlington however one day i will be crossng back over the border permenatly as im very keen for my future offspring to grow up the North Yorkshire way :-)
Hi All
Interesting thing happened

I was driving home from work yesterday (still no INSP warning) and after about 10 min, the yellow "Low Oil" (NOT No pressure) light came on.

I drove round the corner to the Vauxhall Dealer (Darlington Sherwoods), and bought some oil from the parts dept and borrowed some tissues and dipped the oil in the car park (Engine bay warning says to check oil after engine has reached operating temp and has stood for 10 min).

Oil was halfway between Min and Max. so there was plenty of oil in there, so i topped up to max - and started engine - low oil warning light goes out and is now (as i wanted) showing the INSP.

Went back in had a chat with the guy behind the parts desk and he says the "low oil warning" are very sensative ie it doesent wait until the levels drop down to the min, instead comes on when halfway.
he then came out, and checked for me that it was filled up ok, again dipping the oil to check again (very helpfull chap).
the car is now deciding it wants a service albiet it slightly after 12 months, by showing INSP when the car is started and again when the ignition is switched off - which its booked in at the end of the month.

Strange
Last edited by: Redviper on Tue 25 May 10 at 12:21
RV, why didn't you check the oil level before buying some oil?
Normally i would have, but i kind of paniced a bit.

I should really keep some as spare anyway - but i paniced when the light came on (even though i new what it was, ive read the manual more or less cover to cover even before i bought the car) and when i panic my abilty to think logicially kind of goes out of the window.
Latest Forum Posts