Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Cpt. Flack Replies: 6

Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter - Cpt. Flack
Fuel filter on a 1.6 Mk2 petrol focus auto. Is it in the engine compartment or underneath the car?
I've seen posts on here as to why there is little use of the font of knowledge on here. I suppose if posters questions are not answered, like mine, they go elsewhere and not bother to ask in future. So I gave up waiting and trawled the net to get an answer.

Apparently there is no fuel filter. If this is the case, can any expert on here explain how the fuel is filtered?
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter - Zero
I cant believe there is no fuel filtration. There must be one in tank.
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter - VxFan
>> Apparently there is no fuel filter.

I've just searched through info I have to hand and there is no mention of fuel filter change interval.
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter - Skoda
The injectors wouldn't last long without filtration i wouldn't think. Euro car parts claim to sell fuel filters for this model:

www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2006/p/Car-Parts/Service-Parts/Regular-Service/Fuel-Filters

The type shown in the pictures there would be located near the tank normally, maybe near the rear wheel arch. Could be oriented vertically or maybe horizontally somewhere under the car.

Ford Focus II - 06 1.6 Fuel Filter - jc2
If you go to www.etis.ford it will state exactly what needs to be serviced and when.
Went into Fords today. Fuel filter not listed as parts to replace on servicing. Showed me a diagram. It is part of the pump inside the fuel tank.
Latest Forum Posts