Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem
Thread Author: Rickyo Replies: 7

Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Rickyo
Hi,

I dropped my Vauxhall Corsa car key on Boxing Day and now my car will not start. The key came apart into two pieces but I put it back together and don't think any part is missing. Now when I try to start the car it just cranks and then cuts out.

Does anyone know what the issue could be and how I can get this fixed asap?

Cheers
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Zero
you could try the spare key, the chances are you have broken (or lost a bit) from the key,

You will need to buy a new key and get it coded to your car.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Runfer D'Hills
This might be a complete red herring so don't begin to trust me here, but something in my dim and distant memory tells me you can programme keys to "match" cars by following a procedure which may well be set out somewhere in the depths of the owners handbook.

Something like turning it on and off so many times in a given number of seconds kind of thing.

No spare key I take it?

Good luck !
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Rickyo
Thanks for the advice and replies guys. I think I have discovered the problem, it looks like I ma have lost the transponder chip from my key. I found this article on Vauxhall keys carkeypeople.co.uk/lost-vauxhall-transponder-chip/ It shows a video of the sign on the dash I am getting so pretty sure this is the issue. Im making a few calls to find a locksmith who can sort for me. Will let you know how it goes.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Victorbox
You have indeed lost the transponder chip located as here: tinyurl.com/bzb7hgn - looks like a small lump of metal. About £80 for a new coded key from a Vauxhall dealer if you have the PASS CARD with the key number on it.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - VxFan
>> You have indeed lost the transponder chip

Wot he says. Definitely sounds like it. Quite common to happen when changing the fob battery, or falling apart when dropping.

If more than one person drives the car, you could remove the chip from the other key and locate it near the ignition key barrel so that both keys can still be used - just don't tell your insurance company.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - Lee from 1996
1 of 2 options (I own a C)

I've read on other forums that when you take apart the key fob there is a certain length of time it has until it 'resets and wipes' and will need to be re-programmed to your car. I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it. Something disconnect the negative from the battery for 5 mins, put it back on, then put the key in, turn it to the second click (on but no ignition) and hold one of the buttons. But I'm not 100% seeing as yours will be a pre-facelift version.

Or, simply, you lost the transponder chip.

Lee
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 03 1.2 immobiliser problem - VxFan
>> I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it.

There is. It's all documented in the handbook.

Key in ignition, turn till you get the dash lights, then press the fob buttons. If sucessful the central locking will activate.

But that is for reprograming the central locking only (eg, when you've changed the fob battery). It has nothing to do with the immobiliser. The chip in the key is powered via inductance from the ignition lock on the steering column.
Latest Forum Posts