Technical Car/Motor Issues > Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 obstructive gear change 2nd - 3rd Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 5

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 obstructive gear change 2nd - 3rd - Focusless
Our Colt used to have a nice easy gear change, but recently it's become difficult going from 2nd to 3rd ie. bottom left to upper middle. It feels like it might just be a spring that's gone in the selector - if you're careful it still goes in easily.

I've rung the local Mitsu and a local indie, and they both refuse to offer any opinions without looking at it first. That's fair enough, and we'll be taking it in when practical.

But any thoughts from your good selves would be welcome. Does it sound likely to be just a selector problem, and if so, what would that cost to fix? What's the worst case?
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 obstructive gear change 2nd - 3rd - carmalade
More than likely to be the selector cable bushes/linkage worn.Not uncommon on these.About £150 for the parts.
>> About £150 for the parts.

Thanks. Sheesh - if that's the best case, I really hope it's nothing more serious...
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 obstructive gear change 2nd - 3rd - Zero
and labour. Its a job you won't be doing yourself.
>> and labour. Its a job you won't be doing yourself.

Yeah, I knew that as it doesn't have a 'how to fix your selector cable bushes/linkage worn' section in the owner's manual.
 Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - 07 1.3 obstructive gear change 2nd - 3rd - Bromptonaut
Agree, if its a cable change then cables can rust/seize.

Happened with my Xantia. Sorted short term with penetrating oil but long term answer was to replace cables. Quite costly though due level of stripping involved for access.
Latest Forum Posts