Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Corsa C - 06 1.2 Whining when revving (Clutch bearing?)
Thread Author: Lee from 1996 Replies: 2

Vauxhall Corsa C - 06 1.2 Whining when revving (Clutch bearing?) - Lee from 1996
When I rev at lower speeds and RPM my car gives off a whining noise whether it is in gear or not. It does happen whilst stood-still but that is at higher revs. Say if I was creeping to a junction I could hear the noise. But it can be heard from the outside too so it must be quite loud.

Any ideas?
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 06 1.2 Whining when revving (Clutch bearing?) - Number_Cruncher
It could be any of a number of bearings;

- alternator
- water pump
- air conditioning compressor
- clutch release

Often, the clutch release bearing noise can be made to change by pressing the clutch in a bit, which gives it away. For the other bearings, it's easiest to listen using a mechanic's stethoscope to find thhe noisy one.
 Vauxhall Corsa C - 06 1.2 Whining when revving (Clutch bearing?) - Victorbox
If it isn't a clicking/ticking sound (worn timing chain - plenty of YouTube videos to tell you what this sounds like) and it's coming from driver's side end of engine then probably auxiliary belt tensioner bearing. About £47 for tensioner from Eurocarparts. www.eurocarparts.com/tensioners-idlers-and-dampers
Last edited by: Victorbox on Tue 15 Apr 14 at 19:41
Latest Forum Posts