Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen C3 - 06 1.1 Heater blower continues with ignition off Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 2

Citroen C3 - 06 1.1 Heater blower continues with ignition off - BobbyG
As the title says, when ignition is switched off the heater/blower fan continues to run and ultimately flattens the battery.
The blower works in all the positions so this kind of rules out the known fault of resisitors.
Other ancillary items like radio, wipers etc switch off when the ignition is switched so suggests to me something unique to the blower?

When I pull the fuse under the bonnet for the blower it kills it dead so its doing its job. Could it be a jammed relay somewhere? I can't see any mention of a relay for the blower?
 Citroen C3 - 06 1.1 Heater blower continues with ignition off - RichardW
It's multiplexed so there'll be a relay of sorts somewhere! Not one I've heard of before - if the car has climate control, then it might have the transistor board controlling the fan speed, a failure in here somewhere could possibly cause the fan to run all the time - it should really pick up on whether the engine is running or not, and only run then - which means it could be some obscure fault, like a failed diode in the alternator....
 Citroen C3 - 06 1.1 Heater blower continues with ignition off - carmalade
Does the fan run at one speed when the ignition is off,or can it be adjusted.?I think this could still be a fault with the speed regulator.On some models it is situated just above your left foot,when sitting in driver seat.
Latest Forum Posts