Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure.
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - henry k
The windscreen washer motor was changed as the gland was leaking badly.

The washers were working OK but have recently only generated a miserable amount of fluid that barely reaches the windscreen. I had quite a strong mix during the cold weather.

Is there a filter in the pump or bottle?
I have a suspicion that jelly type gunge has formed in the bottle and blocked things up.
I will try empting the bottle from above.

Any other ideas apart from getting access and removing the bottle/pump?
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - FotheringtonTomas
Get a balloon, fill it with warm water, squeeze it around the nozzle, "reverse flush" the pipes.
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - Zero
>> Get a balloon, fill it with warm water, squeeze it around the nozzle, "reverse flush"
>> the pipes.
What?

Have you actually tried that?
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - DP
I would have thought the ideal tool for reverse flushing would be a hypodermic syringe
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - VxFan
If it's anything like my Vectra, there will be a filter between the bottle and pump somewhere.

I've recently had to clean mine 3 times. Not sure what's going on. The car is nearly 4 years old and I've not previously had to clean the filter or flush out the tank, and I've always used the same screen wash solution (carplan), but now all of a sudden the screen wash has started to go slimy and lumpy. Maybe it's a bad batch that I've bought?
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - Skoda
>> I've recently had to clean mine 3 times. Not sure what's going on.

I haven't a scooby but apparently skoda refuse to warranty claims for 'windscreen washer hose popped off it's connector' unless the car had been using Skoda branded screenwash.

I asked how do you know if skoda screenwash is used or not?

He said 'well the hose doesn't pop off if you use the skoda stuff, it's the slimey screenwashes cause it'

Is slimey screenwash a new thing?
 Ford Mondeo II - 98 2.0 Windscreen washers - lack of pressure. - Iffy
...Get a balloon, fill it with warm water, squeeze it around the nozzle, "reverse flush"...

Sounds like this should be in the sado-masochistic sex club thread.
Latest Forum Posts