Technical Car/Motor Issues > Skoda Octavia II - Alarm system problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bewildered Replies: 3

Skoda Octavia II - Alarm system problem - Bewildered
Hello. I am "Bewildered" My Skoda Octavia tdi Estate '09 seems to dislike supermarket carparks. Twice I have returned to find that the alarm has activated AND all the windows are open right the way down. I bought this car second hand from a reputable dealer six weeks ago. Any ideas?
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 27 Jun 14 at 01:28
 Skoda Octavia II - Alarm system problem - carmalade
Does it sound like a Golf?Possibly a fault with the electrical circuits to the door latches,as this car has total open/close from the door barrels and remotes.
 Skoda Octavia II - Alarm system problem - borasport
I had that on the last Octavia I had, but thankfully not on the current one. I think they were prone to some issues like this, probably Briskoda, www.briskoda.net would be the best place to ask

I know it's very unsettling to come back to your car and find all the windows wide open. Hope you get to the bottom of it
 Skoda Octavia II - Alarm system problem - Fursty Ferret
Check the footwells for damp carpet. Not sure if the Octavia is similar to the Passat and the Golf in this respect, but both VWs suffer from water ingress through the pollen filter from blocked plenum drains.

This drains into the footwells where VAG helpfully store the body control computers and their wiring looms. It's an expensive job at a dealer to get it fixed and requires a new loom at the minimum due to corrosion.

If only six weeks old and this is the case, suggest you push for full refund or written guarantee that any subsequent problems will be covered down the line.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Sun 6 Jul 14 at 17:47
Latest Forum Posts