Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Micra - 2001 MOT (Headlight) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bhoywonder Replies: 5

Nissan Micra - 2001 MOT (Headlight) - bhoywonder
SWMBO micra is going for its MOT in the next couple of weeks. The passenger headlight has condensation in it. Is this an MOT failure? I am sure it is but just in case it is not and I might save myself a couple of quid.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 6 Jul 10 at 12:30
 Nissan Micra - MOT (Headlight) - bathtub tom
>>going for its MOT in the next couple of weeks

Then you've got time to get the bulb out and dry it - try a hair dryer.
 Nissan Micra - MOT (Headlight) - bhoywonder
I was thinking about getting the hair dryer out.

Thanks
 Nissan Micra - MOT (Headlight) - RichardW
There's nothing specific about condenstation, as long as it does not seriously reduce the light output or beam patten then the it will pass. I reckon some time spent with the hair dryer (or just the sun depending on which part of the country you are in!) will make sure.
 Nissan Micra - MOT (Headlight) - Bellboy
you dont say what year micra so i assume bug year
use the hairdryer carefully and see if you can put a bag or two of silica gel in the light to absorb the moisture
obviously try too to determine why the light has done this
 Nissan Micra - MOT (Headlight) - bhoywonder
Hairdryer worked a treat and the car passed its MOT. Got an advisory on the brake discs which has sent SWMBO into a blind panic. Tried to explain that the advisory means that the discs will need doing in the near furture but the car is safe to drive or it would not have passed its MOT. Made not the slightest bit of differance give up and told her to get them changed. Makes my life easy in the end.

P.S The micra is a 2001 model. year added to header
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 6 Jul 10 at 12:30
Latest Forum Posts