Technical Car/Motor Issues > Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 4

Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote - zippy
The ex has asked for some advice for her car.

It has just had its MOT and has an advisory for a fraying constant velocity joint garter.

The local VW dealership is quoting £350 + VAT to replace this which seems excessive for a rubber garter.

I don’t want her to be ripped off which seems to happen sometimes when a woman asks for quotes so do you guys have any ideas if the £350 + VAT is appropriate or if not what an independent should charge?

Thanks,

Z
 Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote - carmalade
A cv boot kit is around £20 from an aftermarket supplier.Around 2 hours or less to fit.So I would think an indy garage could do this for less than half of VW dealer.
 Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote - Skip
I would have a genuine VAG boot fitted even if you get an indie to fit it as some of the cheap ones don't last. Buy cheap pay twice !
 Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote - RichardW
That must be a price for a new shaft - even a dealer wouldn't have the brass neck to charge over £400 to replace a rubber boot. Would they????

New CV joint and boot available for <£20: www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/vw-touran-2-0tdi-cv-joint-new-03-on/ I fitted one of these to my 307 a few weeks back - no problems so far.

(Not directly applicable, but Citroen charge around £35 for a boot kit).
 Volkswagen Touran MPV - 05 1.9 Constant Velocity Joint Repair Quote - Mark
Just has both outer CV boots replaced on my 1.9 Passat at a VW Indie.

Genuine VW parts used (from VW TPS) and total bill for both sides with fitting was £114 plus VAT.

Labour was 1.1hr per side. parts cost was £24.

HTH

As always

Mark
Last edited by: Mark on Fri 20 Mar 15 at 14:31
Latest Forum Posts