Technical Car/Motor Issues > Suzuki Swift - 06 1.5 Suspension Joint Nearside Lower Dust Cover Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: swift88 Replies: 2

Suzuki Swift - 06 1.5 Suspension Joint Nearside Lower Dust Cover - swift88
Hi guys,

I'm a regular lurker and only posted a few times on the other place before it changed. I'm looking for some help regarding a problem with my suspension and thought it would be best to try this place!

Anyways, my Swift needed its front suspension bushes replaced (is this really caused by potholes or is it just poor quality parts?) and this was done around 1000miles ago at a Suzuki dealership. I took out an extended warranty and the work was covered under this.

Fast forward two months and 1000miles later, the car is due an MOT. MOT Tester remarks on the new suspension arms, and comments that the dust cover on the suspension joint is damaged. He said that this had been done by the Suzuki dealer when the lower arms were replaced, and he advised me to take it back to them.

That I did. They said it wasn't covered under the extended warranty and claimed it had been caused by potholes, not their responsibility! Total bill would be around £150, to which I replied "no thanks". £60 alone for the parts.

So, who's right and who's wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.
Last edited by: swift88 on Thu 15 Jul 10 at 12:13
 Suzuki Swift - 06 1.5 Suspension Joint Nearside Lower Dust Cover - Fenlander
It is very easy to damage a balljoint rubber when removing/refitting other suspension components so it's quite likely they caused the damage. Proving it though is near impossible. One thing for sure... it was never caused by potholes!
Last edited by: Fenlander on Thu 15 Jul 10 at 12:22
 Suzuki Swift - 06 1.5 Suspension Joint Nearside Lower Dust Cover - swift88
Thanks Fenlander.

I'm not happy about having to pay out of my own pockets for the mistakes of the dealers staff.

The search for a decent and honest dealership continues!
Latest Forum Posts