Technical Car/Motor Issues > Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 9

Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - wotspur
just checking my lights and indicators prior to having its mot, all indicators work, nd little lights ok, main beam works fine......its just the headights dont work is this likely to be headlight bulbs or a wiring problem......appreciate any help
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - No FM2R
How long ago were they last working and did they both fail at the same time?
dont do much night driving, so not sure when maybe 2 weeks ago and it seeems they both went at the same time
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - Zero
I would guess its a fuse, and I would guess it might have blown when a headlamp bulb went.
Thank you both for your responses, I thought as the main beam works it wouldn't be the fuse, but I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it is, most weird
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - carmalade
More likely to be 2 headlight bulbs failed.There will be seperate fuses for each of the dip and main beam,so 4 fuses in all.
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - Skip
My money is on both bulbs
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - Dave_
It's entirely possible that both dip bulbs have blown. If they're the same type as the main beam bulbs you can test them by swapping bulbs from the dip unit to the main beam one. Swapping the main beam bulbs to the dip beam units will also assist you to check the fuses.

I had two brake light bulbs blow on the same day last week in a van - I was so convinced they couldn't both have blown I checked everything else first. Wasted half an hour before trying the obvious...
 Hyundai Trajet MPV - 04 1.6 headlights - VxFan
It's not something silly like the key has to be in the ignition is it?
vxfan....thats one i can answer as i did the testing with the engine running.
im not a car freak, so was finding it weird the main beam lights worked, but the normal big lights didnt assuming both lamps would be the same, but ill go and get some lamps and check it out, and reprot back when i find out
thanks again>> It's not something silly like the key has to be in the ignition is it?
>>
Latest Forum Posts