Technical Car/Motor Issues > Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Not sure I can feel my turbo, is it working
Thread Author: GoodDriver91 Replies: 1

Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Not sure I can feel my turbo, is it working - GoodDriver91
I've had petrol car's in the past and I now drive a turbo diesel, thing is, it feel's the same as my petrol powered cars, I thought turbo charged car's were supposed to feel different, like maybe you should feel a boost or increase of speed ??

I don't think I can even hear my turbo, If my car is idling and I rev it, I hear a very quiet whistle that lasts 1 second as the revs drop, but when I'm driving, changing gears e.t.c. I don't think I can even hear the turbo, and I'm sure I definitely can't feel it either.

A mechanic friend was doing some repair work a few weeks back and had to take turbo off to access something else, when he inspected turbo he told me the bearing inside had play so he replaced that as it was a wise thing to do as the turbo was off anyway. if the turbo looked faulty anywhere else I'm sure he would have noticed.

any ideas ?

thanks
 Ford Focus II - 06 1.8 Not sure I can feel my turbo, is it working - Bromptonaut
In my experience of turbo diesels the turbo's operation is pretty well undetectable in sense of noise, 'lag' etc.

If car feels reasonably 'normal' then I think the turbo is probably OK. If it was not working you'd have performance that makes a slug look nippy and probably a lot of black smoke too.

Latest Forum Posts