Technical Car/Motor Issues > Citroen C3 - 02 1.4 Citroen C3 aircon fan problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: haroon88 Replies: 4

Citroen C3 - 02 1.4 Citroen C3 aircon fan problem - haroon88
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new to this forum so first time posting something here.

I have a Citroen C3 2002 exclusive 1.4 model (petrol). Recently the car showed a problem with the aircon fan which didn't work at all speeds........ checked with the mechanic and told me that the resistor was faulty so had to replace it first. He also told that better to change the connector which connects the wires with the resistor so we did that as well. Then it used twice and then again it stopped working. I went back to the mechanic and he just fiddled with the fuse box under the steering wheel and it all lived up again. Today again after using twice just as a tester, it has stopped working again. I am already fed up with this problem since I did the fiddling myself but it never came back to life.

It seems to be the fuse box issue but what is causing this to happen? The fuse panel needs a replacement or just cleaning would be fine. Suggestions from you experts would save another trip to the mechanic and obviously my money as well.

Hoping for a quick reply....... Thank you.
 Citroen C3 - 02 1.4 Citroen C3 aircon fan problem - carmalade
Does this have digital climate control or a basic manual system?
Thank you for your reply. It has the digital climate control.
 Citroen C3 - 02 1.4 Citroen C3 aircon fan problem - carmalade
I don't think there is a fusebox under the steering wheel.There is one behind the glove box and another in the engine bay. The wiring behind the steering column runs down to the fan speed controller ,which is up by the clutch pedal. I suspect there is still a wiring issue to the speed module.The connector pins overheat and burn out. Did the mechanic repair the wiring or replace the connector? It is not available from Citroen ,but can be got from flea-bay.www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wiring-Harness-for-6441L2-Heater-Blower-Resistor-Renault-Megane-II-Scenic-Modus/282765337928
Actually I am in Italy and we have left hand drive vehicles so it is truly under the steering wheel. Thanks for the advice of wiring. I’ll get it checked.
Latest Forum Posts