Technical Car/Motor Issues > Volkswagen Sharan - 05 1.9 Broken lighter socket Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 5

Volkswagen Sharan - 05 1.9 Broken lighter socket - mikeyb
Couple of weeks back the socket on the end of my sat nav lead fell apart - the metal tip fell out and shorted the lighter socket.

Now I was thinking this would be an easy fix with a new fuse, but in the fuse box (bottom right under the dash) there is only a fuse / reference for the socket in the rear (which still works) - no mention of the one in the front. The handbook just makes some comment about not all fuses being in the same place and if its not there then contact the dealer.

Anyone have any suggestions where else to look?
 Volkswagen Sharan - 05 1.9 Broken lighter socket - Bellboy
under the drivers seat
Found it! Thanks to the chaps over at ford galaxy owners club. If anyone else ever needs to find it its fuse 7 in the fuse box. No idea why VW feel the need to keep it a secret though
 Volkswagen Sharan - 05 1.9 Broken lighter socket - carmalade
Glad you got it sorted.Galaxy shows #7 for front and #8 for rear.This circuit is also protected by a mega strip fuse in the fuse box by the battery.hth
 Volkswagen Sharan - 05 1.9 Broken lighter socket - Bellboy
i understood from your post you had checked fuse 7 as read from left to right
>> i understood from your post you had checked fuse 7 as read from left to
>> right
>>

Bellboy - the issue was that VW's diagram in the fusebox cover only tells you what some of the fuses are, so the fuse for the rear socket is identified but not the front and quite a few have no designation. I guess if I wasn't so lazy I could have pulled them all one by one but its a bit cold for sitting outside playing about :-)
Latest Forum Posts