Technical Car/Motor Issues > Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 9

Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - zookeeper
hi room, my abs light came on yesterday and its still on, any pointers would be helpful thanks
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - Bellboy
most likely broken abs ring on a front driveshaft due to corrosion
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - Injection Doc
I seem to remeber on the early Daewoos they used to suffer with the ABS loom and the sensors couldnt be replaced seperatley and they had to have a loom replaced
i did hit a pot hole rather hard the other day, may have cracked a ring? theres a slight muffled click coming from inside the dash too when i switch on the ignition...does the abs light mean my abs is not working? and is it safe to drive as is ....thanks again
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - Zero
>> ring? theres a slight muffled click coming from inside the dash too when i switch
>> on the ignition...does the abs light mean my abs is not working? and is it
>> safe to drive as is ....thanks again

The ABS light means your abs is not working, yes its safe to drive just remember you have no ABS, and it wont pass an MOT in that state.

ive checked the wiring to each wheel and they seem intack, the abs rings also seem intact on the fronts .... the rears arnt visible for inspection any advise would be helpful....thanks
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - MJM
The next step I would take is to find the nearest connector to each wheel sensor (shoud be one quite close by), disconnect it and do a contiuity check across the sensor. There should be a measurable resistance there. I don't know the value for your car but my Citroen was just over 1k ohms. They should all read the same. It could be that the actual connector is dirty, they tend to be under the car and exposed to water, grit salt etc. The sensors tend to be the first component to fail, the leads flex and break internally and road debris can damage the tip or the rings.
MJM
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - carmalade
Diagnostic check may be your next step.I think you will find there are at 2 different abs systems fitted to the lanos model.Also the diagnostic connector may be the early non obd 16 pin connection.hth
thanks for your help all, there is a multi pin socket under the glove box what code reader do i need to access the data? and does the rolling road brake test at the mot check the ABS? or do they go on the abs warning light? why i ask is how would they simulate a slipping road wheel on the rolling road they look pretty grippy to me, just a thought........zoo
 Daewoo Lanos - 99 1.4 abs light - carmalade
The ridiculous part of the mot test is that it only checks the operation of the abs warning light and not the operation of the system.The brake roller test checks only the efficiency of each braked wheel and not whether the abs is working on each wheel.You may struggle to find a cheap code reader for this system.hth
Latest Forum Posts