Technical Car/Motor Issues > Vauxhall Astra H - 05 1.7 cdti running fault
Thread Author: chason Replies: 3

Vauxhall Astra H - 05 1.7 cdti running fault - chason
hi all

really need some help on this.
i have the above car one day last week while driving along the a50 the eml cam on and the car dropped into limp mode, at the time i was doing 3000rpm 80mph. i got to a nearby garage who plugged it in and said it wasnt really showing anything and had just spat its dummy out, he cleared the code and off i went. driving again 3000rpm 80mph the same thing happened, i did realise tho that just by switching the car on and off it sorted the issue.

when i got home did the pedal test which came up error code ecn50074 (vehicle speed sensor malfunction) so booked it in to be sorted, the garage did a live data read the error occured and they confirmed the code so the hub bearing and sensor was changed along with new disks and pads.

code cleared they took the car out and the same problem happened, so they gave up.
i was then advised it could be the egr valve so i removed it and cleaned it down got rid of loads of carbon put it back together but still the same

has anyone got any idea what ti could be it doesnt happen on free rev or any other gears apart from 5th and only 3000rpm 80mph

thankyou

lee
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Mar 11 at 19:53
 Vauxhall Astra H - 05 1.7 cdti running fault - Dog
Hi Lee ... if you can't get any joy here, try the ilexa diagnostics forum ~

www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ee97ed9ed2f9d3a3c23074753bbd9387&board=21.0

Good luck!
 Vauxhall Astra H - 05 1.7 cdti running fault - garyhurst09
Hi lee,

Just wondering if you ever got the 050074 problem sorted. Having exactly the same problem and just spent out for a turbo so dont want to waste any money. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Regards gary
 Vauxhall Astra H - 05 1.7 cdti running fault - naw
Hi Just wondering if any of you ever got the 050074 problem sorted as have same thing but all mechanics are stumped by it and all giving a different diognostic of problem (none cheap) any help appreciated. Thanks
Latest Forum Posts