Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Accord UK - 90 2.0 Brake diagnostic lights on dash, what's up? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 3

Honda Accord UK - 90 2.0 Brake diagnostic lights on dash, what's up? - FotheringtonTomas
Half a dozen times recently the "brake light" "Parking/!" light have come on. When the engine is re-started, they don't come on again for a while. Two or three times the "ALB" light has come on again with the other two (i.e. not always). When the engine is restarted, they all stay out for a while. I *think* this is provoked by applying the footbrake (doesn't always happen, of course).

Any ideas?
Last edited by: FotheringtonTomas on Wed 31 Mar 10 at 10:31
 Honda Accord UK - 90 2.0 Brake diagnostic lights on dash, what's up? - Dave
Some come on with low fluid level, and some older jap cars had a little eye inthe master cylinder bottle that gets coated with muck so it can't see the level.

Also, some of the abs units had trouble holding pressure, and would throw the light. But these older jap cars can have the codes read with a paperclip.
 Honda Accord UK - 90 2.0 Brake diagnostic lights on dash, what's up? - carmalade
Take a look under the bonnet.Some of these have 2 brake fluid reservoirs.One on the main brake master cylinder and one on the abs modulator.Worth a check.hth
 Honda Accord UK - 90 2.0 Brake diagnostic lights on dash, what's up? - FotheringtonTomas
I've checked the master cylinder & ABS fluid resevoirs - they've both got the right amount of fluid in them. The brakes seem to work OK.
Latest Forum Posts