Technical Car/Motor Issues > Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 8

Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - Stuu
Both are long overdue judging by the colour and are being changed Weds.

Will having old fluid have done any long term damage and is it worth changing the fluid again in a years time presuming one change wont get all the old stuff out in one go?
 Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - Zero
It will be fine, its not full of sophisticated ABS and and ESC pumps and valves. Any damage to wheel cylinders will have been done by now.

Change it and forget it.
 Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - Skip
With the PAS fluid, you could see what colour it stays after bring changed before making a decision as the fluid is pumped around the system and will pick up any remaining crud, and for the sake of £25/30 it wouldn't hurt to get the brake fluid changed again if its really that bad.
Last edited by: Skip on Sun 22 Jan 12 at 18:54
 Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - -
You can get all but one or two drops of fluid out.

A length of thin pipe (washer jet size is ideal), simply put the pipe to the bottom of the master cylinder or any reservior and syphon it out.

as for brake fluid doing any long term damage, about the only way to find out is to remove the piston from a rear wheel cylinder (presuming rear drums) and inspect the piston, seals and bores, if it's got corrosion or wear damage this is where it will show.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 22 Jan 12 at 19:01
Cheers chaps.

Id scheduled the change a week ago as id no record of it being changed but I actually looked at the fluid today and it was blacker than the engine oil, which ill admit, ive never seen before.

Changing the autobox fluid, which is a sort of watery pink, Im guessing thats pretty old too though it is atleast up to the level.

GB, Im trusting the work to Adams & Sons, Morcott, my favorite garage atm - they did a blinding service on my mums car, real thorough job and at 30% less than anyone else was quoting. Theres something reassuring about a man in very oily overalls who comes to chat about the condition of every component after he is finished.
Last edited by: FoR on Sun 22 Jan 12 at 19:04
 Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - Runfer D'Hills
You'll find out how good he really is at customer schmoozing skills if he manages to keep his face straight when you take that one in...

:-)
They are still a Daihatsu dealer, so what with it being basically one underneath, I figure it wont be too much of a stretch.

They dont do customer schmoozing, aside from making a nice cuppa while you wait.
 Perodua Kenari - 02 1.0 Black PAS/Brake fluid - Dave_
>> Adams & Sons, Morcott, my favorite garage

I might see you on Wednesday afternoon then! If I'm in a Shoezone lorry I fill up there on my way back from Cambs, as it's the only garage on the A47 that takes the fuel card :)
A man of good taste, Shoezone aside :-p
Latest Forum Posts