Motoring Discussion > Ignorant parking. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 49

Ignorant parking. - R.P.
www.flickr.com/photos/67389469@N02/6871414794/in/photostream

Just a bit of a rant - the car belongs to someone who works near where I work - she parks here all day, words have been had but to no avail - she hasn't blocked me in but does obstruct a pedestrian walkway regularly used by the local pam-pushers. I wouldn't park there as I my car would be either accidentally or deliberately damaged.

What's wrong with people ?

Reason to avoid an 8 minute walk from a free car park or to pay in the adjacent car-park. Idle.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 14:40
 Ignorant parking. - sooty123
No interest in their own property or thought for anyone else. I'll bet if it was damaged she'd not care just ring the insureance and get it sorted. Some people are like that. Reminds me of the thread on PH, tons on there!
 Ignorant parking. - devonite
With a nice gradient like that, a trolley-jack under the rear wheels, you could put her on some nice "double yellows" nearby!
 Ignorant parking. - Crankcase
We had a similar event some years ago. I'm not sure the solution, which worked overnight after some weeks of incursions, would work for you, but feel free to try it.

We printed out a picture of what from memory was the fiftieth British Prime Minister and the slogan "Lord Balfour says it's f....... dangerous to park here", put it on the windscreen.

Without the dots of course. Does that help at all?
Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 15:05
 Ignorant parking. - diddy1234
parking like that indicates the person would not even know who Lord Balfour is.
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
Judging by the results that people who've tackled her about it - she probably does but doesn't care.
 Ignorant parking. - -
I'd have said that was broken down or was waiting for the car in front to move, it's not parked, it's abandoned.

Did the owner previosuly have a Beemer...;)
 Ignorant parking. - teabelly
Would be a terrible shame if someone with a double buggy had to squeeze past and unfortunately scratched all the way down the side of the car. Once it has happened she'll stop parking there.

Or put bird food on the roof and bonnet so the car is covered in poo by the time she gets back ;-)
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
The bird food thing is out of the question given the scavenging Seagulls that we endure and I wouldn't wish that on anyone's car. One would like to believe that despite the organisation she works for being a former Local Authority department that this has nothing at all to do with with non-enforcement. It was my birthday yesterday.
 Ignorant parking. - Roger.
>> It was my birthday yesterday.>>
You mean you were crapped on by a shytehawk?
Last edited by: Roger on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 15:55
 Ignorant parking. - Meldrew
I wondered what sort of car it was and the see that you have blanked the reg no and it appears to be an Audi. If it is not illegally parked but is inconsiderate I can't really see a way forward. Is it blocking access to any premises that might need the attendance of a delivery vehicle, fire engine or ambulance? Just a thought
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
No - it is parked on a pedestrian ramp leading from the "p&d" car-park - very busy with pedestrians both able bodied and others. Sadly it's not a crime to be lazy. Technical offence of parking outside a bay on the car-park only really, and possible Highway's Act of obstruction if someone complained and were unable to get past. It's just the arrogance of the driver that gets me - pedestrians have primacy in that area, she's the type to give all drivers a bad name.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 16:14
 Ignorant parking. - Zero
Stick a label on her window every day she does it

"Park somewhere else you stupid ignorant tart"
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
Just translating that now.

Parc rhywle arall i chi dwp Tarten anwybodus "

Google comes up with that which looks good but is grammatically incorrect !
 Ignorant parking. - Boxsterboy
Audi driver. Says it all.
 Ignorant parking. - Runfer D'Hills
Male chicken.
 Ignorant parking. - bathtub tom
I've got some self-adhesive labels:

The scratch in your paintwork was caused by the metal ferrule on the end of the white walking stick carried by the sunglasses wearing man walking his labrador.

Sad, ain't I.
 Ignorant parking. - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Sad, ain't I.
>>
Not really.
A colleague is in a wheelchair.
He has a devil of a time negotiating it around, when idiots have parked on the pavements, across driveways, or in other non-parking zones.
He just scrapes past them, and damn the damage caused by his chair.
If he finds he can't get past, he calls the local traffic department, who come along post-haste.
Broad tip indelible marker pens can be a useful way of leaving messages, especially on a white car!
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
I wouldn't want to damage anyone's property though
 Ignorant parking. - Ian (Cape Town)
>> I wouldn't want to damage anyone's property though
>>
Yep.
Annoyance at somebody's selfishness is one thing, and guranteed the parker will claim 'vandalism' from their insurance, which costs us all.
In the case of my colleague, however, he has little choice - why should he be impeded because of some scrote who doesn't give a flying about inconveniencing other people?
 Ignorant parking. - Dutchie
I have had a walk in London with my wife in a wheelchair.What a struggle.
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
I had dealings with a lad who damaged able bodied owners' cars in disabled bays - he waited for the Police to arrive, there was no complaint from the victim. I had respect for him. But not in my nature.
Felt tip on glass would cause no damage and could be safely removed with meths when required; if she has any with her of course!
Looks like a case for a concrete bollard to me. Preferably to be installed before the Audi is moved...

Know anyone in the bollard dept ?
 Ignorant parking. - AnotherJohnH
>> Looks like a case for a concrete bollard to me. Preferably to be installed before
>> the Audi is moved...
>>
>> Know anyone in the bollard dept ?
>>

A set of continuous double yellows over the top it would be nearly as good..
 Ignorant parking. - Armel Coussine
Sounds like a case for the Sheikh's wheelie bin guerillas.

I don't think I would maliciously damage someone's car however annoyed I was. If you haven't got the gonads to wait for the miscreant and maliciously damage their nose, it's just cowardice to take out your bile on an innocent machine. It's happened to me a couple of times and is very upsetting. You wonder whether some sinister toerag has it in for you, and can't help hoping it's just some drunken idiot perhaps too young to understand that these things cost money. Parking nerfs and scrapes, even when done by someone else who has then done a runner, are much less upsetting. Just life so to speak.

The point about people simply abandoning their cars in bizarre positions is that they may be incompetent harmless fools. Even people like that have feelings.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 18:41
 Ignorant parking. - Biggles
How about a sudden guerrilla gardening attack? Knock up a suitably sized planter out of scraps of wood, place in suitable position behind car, fill with cheap peat and plant up.
That would certainly dahlia.
 Ignorant parking. - Fullchat
How about some tongue in the cheek note to bruise the ego.

Sorry you to see that you are having difficulty parking your car. However it is possible to get some sort of assessment and assistance from social services even a blue badge which by the manner of your parking would appear could be of some benefit.

Not wishing to offend genuine blue badge holders of course.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 19:52
 Ignorant parking. - MD
>> >> Know anyone in the bollard dept ?
>> >>
I have 2 but they come as a pair.
 Ignorant parking. - WillDeBeest
In that case, Martin, I'd advise against trying to stop a car with them.
};---)
 Ignorant parking. - MD
Ya ain't seen 'em.
 Ignorant parking. - WillDeBeest
}:---D
 Ignorant parking. - VxFan
>> she parks here all day, words have been had but to no avail

Post it on either of the following sites. (WARNING, the 2nd link contains the 'C' word. No, not Christmas, the other 'C' word. Quite a few times actually)

tinyurl.com/2exvh8b

tinyurl.com/8xsmdet
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 26 Mar 12 at 19:55
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
the 2nd link contains the 'C' word. No, not Christmas, the other 'C' word. Quite a few times actually)

As discussed before the use of the Welsh version of that word is obligatory in Caernarfon in any given conversation, so no worries.
 Ignorant parking. - Shiny
I used to get riled by things like this until I travelled a bit and mellowed with age.

I think man's ego became defective in the UK, maybe due to due with mass immigration and forced assimilation, I really don't know. Just look at the posts on here, all cantankerous egotistical nonsense with no sense of proportion.
Last edited by: sooty tailpipes on Tue 27 Mar 12 at 15:13
 Ignorant parking. - madf
>> I used to get riled by things like this until I travelled a bit and
>> mellowed with age.
>>
>> I think man's ego became defective in the UK, maybe due to due with mass
>> immigration and forced assimilation, I really don't know. Just look at the posts on here,
>> all cantankerous egotistical nonsense with no sense of proportion.
>>

Speak for yourself.. Humph.. I am NOT cantankerous nor egotistical as I keep company with you plebs :-)
There are 84 pages of photos in that second link! One doesn't need to look at more than two or three to get the message.

But apart from the fact that some of the cases seem a bit borderline, parking like a lady's growler is trivial compared to driving like one, as so many do.
 Ignorant parking. - L'escargot
>> tinyurl.com/8xsmdet
>>

I'm having a look to see if any of the photographs are of my car. There are 84 pages so it may take some time.
:-)
Today I saw two bikes, medium sized sporting things, with a youngish-looking couple standing beside them, parked on a road near here in a staggeringly moronic place: just on the initial curve of a double bend over a bridge where the road narrows radically, where there's a much-needed double white line, a place where half the vehicles, even those small enough to pass each other, often take up too much road.

Enormous grass verges completely ignored, both bikes on the road with their riders, still helmeted, faffing at them. Where the whatsitsnaming thingummyjig do these incredible prats come from?

Here, that's where. If I hadn't just been to the pub I would consider suicide.
 Ignorant parking. - paulb
AC, that sounds very much like the Parham end of Pulborough on the A283?
>> Parham end of Pulborough on the A283?

Yup... the bikes were on the tightening curve into the bridge going towards Pulborough where it is absolutely essential to go wide if you don't want to be alarmed by someone coming the other way in a small car.

Live round here do you paulb?
>> Yup... the bikes were on the tightening curve into the bridge...

Which is particularly inexplicable, given the near-mile of straight they would have had to pass to get there....!

>> Live round here do you paulb?

Yep - outskirts of Angmering. Have enjoyed that road, and most others hereabouts, many a time on 2 wheels or 4.
 Ignorant parking. - L'escargot
At our last abode, the boyfriend of the girl opposite used to park his motorcycle at an angle of about 45° to the kerb.
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
On the road ? - That's normal and best practice to avoid camber issues and take up less space than one parked at 180 degrees to the kerb.
 Ignorant parking. - Lygonos
BMW flat engines left at an angle for a while sometimes burn oil when started, presumably from oil bypassing the rings.

What other camber issues are there for bike, as I'm not a prospective organ donor biker?
>> What other camber issues are there for bike, as I'm not a prospective organ donor
>> biker?
>>

In older streets with a steep camber into the gutter, real risk of the damn thing falling over unless you park at an angle and use the centre stand.
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
Quite right Paul. The GS is normally parked on its centre stand for to avoid oil creep. Small price to pay for a terrific engine.
 Ignorant parking. - R.P.
Even worse at that spot today - the Audi was slightly better parked today, allowing passage for people/prams - parked behind it were three "community warden" vans - a fellow, female, biker was totally exasperated by the situation, she was well blocked in.
Latest Forum Posts