Motoring Discussion > Tyre Wear Indicators Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 10

Tyre Wear Indicators - borasport
Does anybody know what form the tread wear indicators take on a set of Continental Sport Contact Tyres ?

And before anybody suggests sticking a two-p bit in the tread, the tread width has always been too wide for that :-)

typo in header corrected
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 13 Apr 12 at 13:58
 Tyre Wear Indicators - VxFan
All tyres I've ever seen have the letters "twi" on the side wall which mark where the raised part of the tread is to use as a guide for the wear indicators.
A quick trip outside shows
A) it's raining
b) your right
c) the pirelli p6000's on the rear, which are relatively new, have a fairly easily noticeable TWI locator
d) on the Conti's, on the nearside, any and all indicators have been scrubbed off, and on the offside, having worked out where the actual Wear Indicators are and working backwards I can just about locate the letters TWI, but the font size seems to be about 4 point

Thanks Dave
Better order some new tyres.....
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 13 Apr 12 at 16:51
I cannot beleive that the commonly acceptable word for a typeface, in combination with the word size, has triggered the swear filter - can anybody enlighten me ?
 Tyre Wear Indicators - Bromptonaut
>> I cannot beleive that the commonly acceptable word for a typeface, in combination with the
>> word size, has triggered the swear filter - can anybody enlighten me ?

To stop the word's use as an HTML tag to specify outsize and flashy typefaces.
>> >> I cannot beleive that the commonly acceptable word for a typeface, in combination with
>> the
>> >> word size, has triggered the swear filter - can anybody enlighten me ?
>>
>> To stop the word's use as an HTML tag to specify outsize and flashy typefaces.
>>
>>

Wow - that's what you call a 'blunt instrument'
 Tyre Wear Indicators - bathtub tom
I've been dying to use this since someone here (IIRC) showed how: lmgtfy.com/?q=tread+wear+indicator
 Tyre Wear Indicators - Meldrew
Self-explanatory Google images here

tinyurl.com/cwbznbf
 Tyre Wear Indicators - VxFan
>> I've been dying to use this ...

It's more effective if you use the tinyurl link given which in turn doesn't give people a clue they're being taken to lmgtfy
 Tyre Wear Indicators - -
Nokians have the best treadwear indicators, stamped in the tread..

Depths up to 8mm shown, as the tyre wears the numbers gradually disappear, simple.
 Tyre Wear Indicators - MJM
Don't they put that nice white canvas stuff under the tread now? Much easier to see than those silly little blocks.
:)
Latest Forum Posts