Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please
Thread Author: nyx2k Replies: 12

Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - nyx2k
Need to decide on an insignia or astra and the wife likes both so its her choice. she doesnt like fords.

also been offered an astra Elite and was looking for opinion on interior build quality and quality of leather etc and interior plastics.

does anyone know if the new astra is better built in elite spec with leather. will hire one but my wife does fancy some leather.
Last edited by: nyx2k on Sat 21 Apr 12 at 12:53
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - Dutchie
Sorry can't help nyx.There must be somebody here who knows.I reckon the new Astra is better build looks a nice car.
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - VxFan
You'll probably find the Insignia Elite has a few more bells and whistles on it than the Astra Elite does. Reason being the Insignia is classed as being more prestige than the Astra.

Well, that used to be the case when comparing other models. eg, when I was contemplating changing to a top spec Astra after writing off my previous Vectra. It may well be different now of course.

You might want to look on Parkers for spec comparison.

As for build quality of the Insignia, I wasn't that impressed with the 2 different models I saw at Luton on Heritage day 3 years ago.
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - Clk Sec
I've never owned a Vauxhall, but I do like the look of the Insignia and the Astra. If it was me I'd probably go for the bigger option, although I do think the Astra is a little more pleasing to the eye.
ive also never owned a Vauxhall but the dealer in Portsmouth has ofeered a good deal on an Insignia SRi or an Astra elite. the astra feels nicer inside than the insignia and has more gadgets. both cars are around the same price of £16k new if i do the deal by wednesday
Is Vauxhall called on the continent Opel? What I can remember Opel where good cars as a youngster.Take one for a drive nyx and the missus.You either take to a car or not.
Yes, Dutchie, Vauxhall is Opel in Europe.
im edging more toward the astra with leather, heated seats and lots of toys and buttons to press.
both cars have less than 10 miles on them and pre reg but only 2weeks ago so new as such.
Insignia is dark brown which i like and astra is black ewith black leather.
Astra with leather seats and toys.Whichever car you dream about will be the one.>:)

I remember the Opel Record and the Opel Kaptain.Makes me feel old.
a friend of mine has just found a mint condition vauxhall Royale.
dont know if they had them in europe but i remember them from my childhood about 1979-80
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - Meldrew
They did and ISTR that the Opel variant was a Monza. Same car, steering wheel shifted, badge changed. t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOj177fqvubLorGGFvsl7e4D_cJQolKX6KqFrnQGBs4xt1aimZrg
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - Boxsterboy
We had an Astra for a week in Spain 2 years ago, and I was quite impressed. Visibility not good (prob no better in the Insignia?) but it went well enough and felt well built. Do you really need the extra space of the Insignia?
 Vauxhall Astra I - New Astra elite Owners or Users Help please - Number_Cruncher
>>They did and ISTR that the Opel variant was a Monza.

Monza was the coupe, Opel Commodore was the saloon equivalent of the Royale. These were also based on the same underpinnings of the Vauxhall Senator A.

we dont need the extra space as the xj is the lwb model so plenty of room for the growing boys.
she may be better with the astra but she'll be driving both next week and i'll keep quiet and let her make her own mind up.
Latest Forum Posts