Motoring Discussion > Petrol prices round the world.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 7

Petrol prices round the world.... - helicopter
Morning all,I thought I would share the information on where to get cheap petrol if you are interested.

I filled up my car in Doha, Qatar ( or rather a guy filled the car for me today )and was disappointed to see petrol has gone up since my last visit and is now equivalent 14.87 pence per litre ( yes 14.7 not 140.7 !) . 1 Qatari Riyal currently equates to 17.5pence ........

Is anybody paying less for their petrol anywhere in the world?

Petrol prices round the world.... - Pat
So that's where you've been hiding lately...I missed you:)

Pat
Ahh Pat , I didn't know you cared ... :0)

I have not been hiding away particularly,just busy.....

I will be back in UK Friday if Emirates do not strand me in Dubai...so maybe spend a bit more time posting on here rather than dashing around the desert.......

Temperature here is currently 38 C ..... around 100 F and I reckon I could fry an egg on the car bonnet...
 Petrol prices round the world.... - lancara
Forget the price of petrol there, can you still get the alcohol licence from the Embassy? GBP100 worth of booze each month, with no tax or duty, kept us going in the '90s.
Alcohol is available in the hotels and expat compounds but not to the locals.....andit is rather frowned on here if you happen to be a helicopter pilot.....one maybe two cans of ice cold lager is about all any of us ever indulge in.

I am currently imbibing a nice big glass of fresh mango juice from the heliport cafe....
 Petrol prices round the world.... - movilogo
Ok, petrol is cheap there. But then where will you drive?

Qatar is a very small country - water on 3 sides and Saudi Arabia on South.

Not much fun driving in Saudi (especially if you are woman).

Cheapest petrol is in Venezuela. Only 2p/L. But there you will be shot by drug lords.

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2029134/Worlds-10-cheapest-countries-petrol.html

Last edited by: movilogo on Mon 30 Apr 12 at 13:50
But then where will you drive?

North to the gas fields of Ras Laffan, South to Mesaieed Industrial City or west to Dukhan.

South west on the Salwa road takes you to Saudi Arabia .

Qatar has interesting inland sea and off roading on the sand dunes to the south, The museum of Islamic art is spectacular and Doha has lots of old Souks combined with spectacular space age skyscrapers.

www.flickr.com/photos/39411748@N06/galleries/72157624063992472/#photo_4182499842
 Petrol prices round the world.... - Auntie Lockbrakes
- And when the causeway is open (next year?) you'll be able to drive from Qatar over to Bahrain too!

Driven round Doha a couple of times - had an awful Renault Clio sedan with an autobox made of rubber bands and cheese for wheels, or so it felt anyway!

Meanwhile, a litre of unleaded here in NZ is GBP1.10 at the mo...
Latest Forum Posts