Motoring Discussion > Cyclists again! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 9

Cyclists again! - Pat
www.itn.co.uk/world/44595/Cylists+speeds+at+90kph

Pat
 Cyclists again! - Bromptonaut
Nice one Pat; utterly crazy behaviour.

Can only see stills but it's clearly not in UK - non UK plate and both vehicle and signposts are on right.

And although the caption says he's not wearing a helmet he looks to me as though he is, not that it'll do him any good at that speed!!
 Cyclists again! - crocks
It is a wooly hat to keep his wooly brain warm.
 Cyclists again! - Mapmaker
Yet even worse still is the car driver using his mobile phone to film the whole thing.

Cyclists deserve to die.
 Cyclists again! - zookeeper
texting and recieving calls on a phone whilst driving is illegal, but is filming or taking photos?
 Cyclists again! - R.P.
Using a phone in either mode is a specific offence, using a camera would form part of other non-specific offences, such as driving without due care and attention or even dangerous driving.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 5 May 12 at 15:53
 Cyclists again! - Ambo
My greatest problem with cyclists is those taking part in timed trials on main roads. The A35 between the Lytchett Minster turning and Bere Regis is a favoured track for them. They concentrate so hard on shaving off the seconds that they seem to be unaware of overtaking vehicles. I bleeped one in warning once (for his protection) and got an angry gesture.

Speaking as a former cyclist, I think cycling is too dangerous on public roads anyway so quit.
 Cyclists again! - SteelSpark
>> Using a phone in either mode is a specific offence, using a camera would form
>> part of other non-specific offences, such as driving without due care and attention or even
>> dangerous driving.

Looks to me like the video was taken by somebody in the front passenger seat, in a country where they drive on the right.

EDIT: Oh, I see that borasport beat me to it, by a mere 7 hours. :)
Last edited by: SteelSpark on Sat 5 May 12 at 23:16
 Cyclists again! - borasport
given the proximity of the RH door mirror and the need to angle left to film the dashboard, and given that we've accpeted this is somewhere 'abroad', looks to me that there is every possibility the recording was done by the passenger.
 Cyclists again! - Pat
My thoughts exactly, borasport but why spoil a good defence;)

Pat
Latest Forum Posts