Motoring Discussion > Driverless cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 8

Driverless cars - smokie
What's the point?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17989553

A car is usually used to get someone from A to B.

Only thing I can think of is that non-drivers will also be able to add to the congestion...
 Driverless cars - Old Navy
>> What's the point?
>>

That before long cars will be safer drivers than people.
 Driverless cars - -
Quite pleased i'll have pushed up a few million daisies by the time this becomes reality in everyday travel.

Driverless cars - Armel Coussine
I dunno GB. They may be almost upon us, but not in this country just yet.

The only way they will be safe though is if they mimse even more slowly and infuriatingly than the utter c-words driving about now. At least one in ten even in London.
 Driverless cars - Runfer D'Hills
Probably being gentle on their clutches AC... Horsing the car around in traffic doesn't half wear 'em out you know. Can be an expensive do when they fail.

:-)
 Driverless cars - Armel Coussine
Heh heh... damn cheek. But you may have a point. I'm very disapproving of clutch abuse, but the frontier between use and abuse is a very broad one in practice.

Some of these mimsing c-words probably think they're saving fuel as well as being kind to their clutches. As they brake downhill and then accelerate up the next one to maintain their miserable 45 or so... it's enough to make a strong man weep.
 Driverless cars - Focusless
>> What's the point?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18012812
"Driverless cars and how they would change motoring"
 Driverless cars - Harleyman
From the Trucknet website, a comment worthy of Clarkson.....

"This is a positive step forward for the United States. Anything that removes Americans from behind the wheel is a good thing. "

I really can't better that...... :-)
 Driverless cars - Focusless
"Volvo's self-drive 'convoy' hits the Spanish motorway" (although lead vehicle driven by a human)
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18248841
Last edited by: Focus on Tue 29 May 12 at 15:15
Latest Forum Posts