Motoring Discussion > Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Hacko Replies: 9

Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Hacko
Retired civil engineer friend with a TT about to come out of original Audi 3 year warranty, somewhat surprised to hear the manufacturer's charge for a fourth year's cover: £1,200! And Warranty Direct want £700. Clearly, fixing major faults will be costly on such cars, but that sort of price is surely in rip-off territory. Sensibly he's not paying either charge, having looked after the car carefully. Yes, it's all a gamble - but I suggested he put one of the 2 figures into Premium Bonds for a year (with crossed fingers) and enjoy his safe "bet".
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - -
That is a steep charge, Toyota wanted £700 for the 4th year on Hilux, i thought that was bad enough.

Its certainly something to bear in mind when comparing between manufacturers, VW group getting left behind in warranty compared to others.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - R.P.
Warranty direct wanted 360 quid for the X1.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Meldrew
Not sure that comparing Audi's warranty with that offered by Warranty Direct is quite fair. Small print etc.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - R.P.
Can't speak for Audi, but certainly the BMW forums seem to think that the WD product is better value than the BMW one.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Meldrew
Mixed messages re WD on websites reviewing the product and coverage but I get the impression that the ones who post have had a bad experience and people who are satisfied don't bother to say so
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Zero

>> And Warranty Direct want £700. Clearly, fixing major faults will be costly on such cars,
>> but that sort of price is surely in rip-off territory.

Its not a public service, they exist to make a profit. Clearly both Audi and WD think the cars are expensive to fix and unreliable,
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Londoner
The first generation of Audi TT had a bad reputation for unreliability, but I've heard that those problems were proactively tackled by Audi.

I'm wondering if the real problem with these cars is that they look sporty, and capable of 'enthusiastic' driving, but in reality they are ordinary cars without the beefed-up engineering to handle this sort of treatment.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - mikeyb
I don't know anyone who has really had much trouble / expense from an Audi, so I'd pop the money to one side and see what happens.

My old A4 auction hack was no trouble and still sweet when we parted company at 160K - never spent any more than servicing and consumables on it over the 3 years we had it.
 Audi TT Roadster - Whopping warranty charges - Bill Payer
If it's DSG auto and 4WD and then there's quite a lot to go wrong. The higher performance VAG engines (both petrol and diesel) of that era can be troublesome and are expensive to fix.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Sat 12 May 12 at 12:49
Latest Forum Posts