Motoring Discussion > Alexei Sayle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 8

Alexei Sayle - Armel Coussine
.. was advertised as usual on the front of today's Telegraph motoring supplement. But HJ got four pages and nothing under the Sayle byline was to be found.

About time too. I have usually enjoyed Alexei Sayle as a standup and comic actor. He is clearly a man of talent and intelligence. But having skimmed several of his pieces in the supplement I can state categorically that he has absolutely nothing of interest to say about motor vehicles. How on earth did he get this gig which several people here could have made a better job of? Whose back did he have to scratch?

If I were the Barclay twins or one of the faceless teenagers who run the terrorflag these days I would fire whoever it was that hired Sayle.
 Alexei Sayle - Focusless
>> How on earth did he get this gig which several
>> people here could have made a better job of?

This, surely: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY
 Alexei Sayle - Runfer D'Hills
I miss James May's column a bit. Sometimes he could be quite amusing and interesting. Normally only ever read it online as indeed I used to read the Clarkson / Times column but never quite felt inclined to want to do so enough to sign up once they asked you to pay for it. Don't bother with either now.
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Sat 12 May 12 at 14:44
 Alexei Sayle - R.P.
He wrote some very good articles for CAR magazine a few years ago - he was on the radio last week and as always an entertaining "listen" he's matured nicely..
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 12 May 12 at 15:36
 Alexei Sayle - Armel Coussine
James May or Alexei Sayle Rob?
 Alexei Sayle - R.P.
Mr Sayle -but May was an excellent staff writer there
 Alexei Sayle - Leif
>> I miss James May's column a bit. Sometimes he could be quite amusing and interesting.

I recall that he started out quite amusing, but gradually became rather twee and a little self indulgent. A bit like Clarkson really, as his Sunday Times column in the review is often rather dull, and only occasionally has a spark. I suspect they are rather busy these days.
 Alexei Sayle - Iffy
...I suspect they are rather busy these days...

Might be less so in the coming months, given the Beeb has pulled the autumn series - according to links posted in our Top Gear thread - because it's frightened of being trounced by The X-Factor in the ratings.

Alexei Sayle - Runfer D'Hills
>>frightened of being trounced by The X-Factor in the ratings.

Can't see why. Most households now have multiple tellys. My wife watches all that "talent" show come ice house brothers stuff. God knows why, she's otherwise quite sensible. My son and I watch things which we find interesting.
Latest Forum Posts