Motoring Discussion > Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 6

Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - L'escargot
tinyurl.com/c4zhcf8
Looks like a good idea.
 Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - Focusless
"How the Smartbox works

Your discreet Smartbox allows us to record what we call safe driving parameters:

- Average speeds on different types of road
- How fast and hard the car accelerates or brakes
- What times of day the car is driven
- How fast corners are taken"

AC will love that - even more mimsers :)
 Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - -
Those most likely to benefit from one of these the least likely to agree to one.

Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - Videodoctor
When i entered the details for my 17 year old son into the co-op website it came back £2000 dearer than the cheapest quote from Admiral which didn't have a black box fitted.

In fact all the black box insurers were thousands of pounds dearer than the ordinary quotes.
So personally i don't think that they are a good idea.
If they were £1000 cheaper and then monitored the youngsters driving and then charged accordingly then fine but to start off much dearer with all the advantages they offer is madness.
 Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - Shiny
Slippery slope.
 Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - Iffy
During a death by dangerous trial I discovered nearly all modern cars record some information about the way has been driven recently, including its top speed.

The accident investigators are understandably coy about saying just how much is recorded, but I think it's more than most drivers realise.

Co-operative Insurance Smartbox for young drivers - Stuartli
The Norwich Union was the first to introduce a black box around 10 years ago...:

www.aviva.co.uk/media-centre/story/1102/norwich-union-heralds-new-pay-as-you-drive-insuran/
Latest Forum Posts