Motoring Discussion > Nissan Maxima QX - QX Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Zero
Decided to make fish pie for tea tonight, so wander down to the co-op with Fifi to get some fennel and leeks.

On the way I pass my local second hand car showroom, and on the front he has a 2000X 2 litre V6 Nissan QX. SO I do a bit of tyre kicking, body is good but 12 years tired (bit of fade, scratches, lacquer peeling round the badges / handles) the alloys are complete shockers, corroding badly, interior is today no rips or tears but fading and sagging a bit.
Trader comes out ( I know him a bit he has a cracking Mitsi Galant estate that I drool over) and shows me the full 96k service history, and says He's just got it in part ex, and is putting it up for £1695 quid!

"1700 quid" I splutter? "you must be have a giraffe, pull the other one - its got bells on"

He reckons he will get it easy. thoughts?
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 17 May 12 at 12:19
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - -
Think he might get around £1500 for it, like Camry these are solid dependable motors and respected by people who are not worried about the badge, provenance is everything and this car has it, made in Japan it has every likelihood of carrying on for years with not a hiccup.

From the sounds of it a quick tart up of the wheels by his tame mobile bodyman would see a tidy car.

Perfect year X plate, before C02 VED calculations...though anyting could happen ved wise when a bankrupt beast needs feeding.

If he'd said £900 would you have bought it, i would.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Thu 17 May 12 at 12:33
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Zero
Probably,because I know someone on here would take it off my hands at that price. But not 1700quid, thats la la money.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 17 May 12 at 12:37
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - sooty123
Seems a bit strong to me, what are they going for online?
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - -
edit, only one thing possibly against it, not sure if a Japanese of this year would be suitable for LPG.
Just had a nose on ebay, 3 litre seem to be fairly cheap, a 58k FSH @ £1500 would seem a good buy but would need LPG for me.
What a pity, like Camry of these years, no estate version...yet their ancestors (earlier Camry,Crown, 300) were available as estates....they missed the boat there imo.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Thu 17 May 12 at 12:41
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Mapmaker
>> these are solid dependable motors and respected by people who are not worried about the badge,

Errr... so they would be paying extra for the badge because it's a badge nobody wants? Confused.
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Phil I
On 03/05/07 I purchased QXMan's 98 2Litre with 50,900 genuine milesfor £1725. thru the old Back Room. BellBoy said I paid too much for it. Today with Odometer 79444 and a few bumps and scratches (do not tell QX Man they will make him cry - It was spotless and in showroom condition when I collected it !!!). Only downside to this is its something of a fuel gobbler if you use the performance available. I don't moan it turns in around 30mpg in town and I do not do big miles now - only go to local funerals. Over 5 years replaced Alternator,
Exhaust, Discs allround and new battery in Feb this year. Set of tyres at 70K. Whats not to like? As I sold the 1.4 94 Metro for £425 it started life owing me £1300.

Happy Motoring Phil I
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - idle_chatterer
Both Nissan QXs and Toyota Camrys are popular in HK, whilst newer (and quite handsome) Cefiro and Camry variants are in abundance many much older examples are still giving good service.

In such a status-conscious place they appear to be the cars which value-conscious buyers purchase instead of Fords and their ilk. Both brands have very solid reputations for reliability too.
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Dog
Peeps seem to like em: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/maxima-qx-2000/?section=owners-reviews
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - Runfer D'Hills
Only it's mother could love it mind you and she's probably no longer with us.
 Nissan Maxima QX - QX - mattbod
Lovely sweet engine I bet but I agree: cloud cuckoo land money. Maybe £700...
Latest Forum Posts