Motoring Discussion > Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 14

Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - WillDeBeest
Giving both cars an overdue tyre check just now, I noticed one of my ten-year-old Michelin single-barrel pumps wasn't offering much resistance to my foot. When I checked, the metal round the hole where the hose meets the cylinder was buckled, allowing the air to escape.

Question: is there any point in trying to reseal the cylinder, and if so, what product might have the adhesion to withstand the pressure? I probably have some vastly expensive epoxy putty somewhere. Might that be worth a go?
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Zero
Bin.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Runfer D'Hills
If you haven't spent quite all the beestlings pocket money on the new car, get a double barrelled one. Much better. Unless of course you need the exercise.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - R.P.
Or get a mains compressor. I bought one of these last year. Ideal to fettle the fleet's tyres (16 + 4 winter tyres !)

www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automotive-RAC750-Powered-Compressor/dp/B00133VDCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337533751&sr=8-1
Not very "green" that though is it Rob?

:-))
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - R.P.
No grey...:-)
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - corax
Get another Michelin. I've got one - they're good pumps.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Skip
I have the Michelin twin barrel, much more stable than a single pump and has strong return springs so it gives the leg muscles a good workout too ! Gauge is accurate as well.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - WillDeBeest
Been happy enough with the single-barrel version - it's inflated one of the Volvo's 205x16s from near-flat a couple of times after a screw in a car park - and it has the benefit of fitting neatly into each car's spare wheel compartment, which I'm not sure the twin would. Is anyone really weedy enough to need an electric tyre pump?
};---)

I'm more concerned with the prospect of having to make another trip to Argos, if they still stock them; there's something profoundly wrong about queueing three times for one product.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - -
If you're going to get a tyre pump get a proper one, i've got one of these, from flat to fully inflated about a minute.

www.paddockspares.com/pm982-twin-cylinder-12v-compressor-usually-60-00gbp.html

Single cyl model linked on same page @ £36.

Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Tigger
>> If you're going to get a tyre pump get a proper one, i've got one
>> of these, from flat to fully inflated about a minute.
>>
>> www.paddockspares.com/pm982-twin-cylinder-12v-compressor-usually-60-00gbp.html
>>
>> Single cyl model linked on same page @ £36.
>>
>>

I agree - I have the same pump and very happy with it.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Zero

>> I'm more concerned with the prospect of having to make another trip to Argos, if
>> they still stock them; there's something profoundly wrong about queueing three times for one product.

How does that work then? Argos is

www.argos.co.uk
check stock
walk into branch to machine, punch in item number and credit card
sit in chair (or stand in awe and wonder at the tatt bling display)
Walk to A B or C (matters not which - they are all the same) and collect goods when your number is called.

Where is the queue?

Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - swiss tony
>> Been happy enough with the single-barrel version - it's inflated one of the Volvo's 205x16s
>> from near-flat a couple of times after a screw in a car park

Isnt that illegal?
I think it's called dogging ST. Nearest I get is taking mine for a walk.
 Resealing a footpump: any point, and what with? - Cliff Pope
Why did you let the tyres down first?
Latest Forum Posts