Motoring Discussion > How many folk keep one of these in their van? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 2

How many folk keep one of these in their van? - Westpig
A mate popped in yesterday, he's a builder.

He was bored, his workmen were off on a bank holiday, his wife (a nurse) was working and his 18 yr old son was out with mates.......so he came around to glug my tea.

Whilst he was there, I asked if he and his son would pop round one day, with his mini digger, as there was a bit of garden I wanted some earth moving. He came down to look, sucked his teeth like builders do and said there was more work there than I imagined....then said "You're in luck, I've got the digger in the van".

He then proceeded to move the JCB mini digger from out of the back of his Transit! God knows how it fit, but it did.

His missus had their Freelander and he only used the Transit because it was easier to get out of his lock up than his Land Rover which was attached to a trailer, ready for work on Wed...(and why the mini digger was in the van).

2.5 hours later and lucky old me, he did a right proper job. It did make me chuckle though that someone could produce one of those on demand.
 How many folk keep one of these in their van? - zookeeper
nice one porko
 How many folk keep one of these in their van? - PhilW
Good one!
Puts to shame that I always feel lost without my (little) Victorinox penknife in my pocket!
And my son, who always seems to have a small rucksack with him in which he keeps some "emergency string"!!
Maybe one day technology will have advanced far enough for us all to have an "emergency mini-digger" in trouser pocket!
P
Latest Forum Posts