Motoring Discussion > BMW - BMW Value Service.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 6

BMW - BMW Value Service.. - R.P.
From £129

Front Brake Pads.
Front brake pads and sensor are replaced.

From £129

Rear Brake Pads.
Rear brake pads and sensor are replaced.

From £265

Front Brake Pads & Discs.
Front brake discs and four brake pads and sensor are replaced.

From £249

Rear Brake Pads & Discs.

I suppose that the prices relate to 1 Series and then get progressively more expensive...
Rear brake discs and four brake pads and sensor are replaced.
Last edited by: R.P. on Thu 14 Jun 12 at 07:47
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - DP
Is there a minimum age / mileage to qualify for these deals? I know Volvo do something similar in an attempt to woo back drivers of older cars who have stopped using the franchised dealer network for servicing.

These are good prices considering they include genuine parts.
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - R.P.
Well BMW run the 4 plus scheme for older BMW - the E90 will be covered by that in September. Their menu prices seem reasonable enough. There is a very good indie here for BMW cars, It'll be a choice at that point !
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - PeterS
I got that email too; the small print on the one they sent me says that the Value Service is available for E46 3 series (Saloon, Touring, Convertible, Coupe and Compact 4& 6 clinder petrol/diesel), E39 5 series (saloon, touring 4&6 cylinder petrol/diesel) and E53 X5s (6 cylindr petrol/diesel only)

AS RP says they also have a 4 plus scheme (and I'm sure a 10 plus) at some dealers as well
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - TeeCee
> I suppose that the prices relate to 1 Series and then get progressively more expensive...

Yes, of course. Because when manufacturing brake discs and pads, the raw materials are so hideously expensive that making 'em a bit bigger dramatically increases the cost.

Likewise fitting a set of discs to a bigger and more expensive car is so much more time-consuming and complicated than fitting a set to a cheaper one.

I'm sure you're right about the pricing, I just can't quite figure out why we put up with it.....
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - mikeyb
VW now have pricing for cars over 3 years. Quite reasoanble - servicing pricing is at indie levels plus you get a main dealer stamp.

Used it for Mrs B's Sharan for a bit and recall it being about £120 for an interim and £200 for a full service
 BMW - BMW Value Service.. - Bill Payer
>> VW now have pricing for cars over 3 years. Quite reasoanble - servicing pricing is
>> at indie levels plus you get a main dealer stamp.
>>
>> Used it for Mrs B's Sharan for a bit and recall it being about £120
>> for an interim and £200 for a full service
>>
Had daughter's Golf serviced recently under the 3yr £300 service plan. Surprisingly (as the forums had told me I wouldn't get any paperwork, just a stamp in the service book) the service advisor gave me a copy of the invoice they send to VW - £68 inc parts, labour & VAT.
Latest Forum Posts