Motoring Discussion > Top service from BMW. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 1

Top service from BMW. - R.P.
The X1 has had to go in for some work. The Stop/Start system isn't functioning. No fail warning light or anything - just not working. Suspected that it may be low battery voltage as the car hasn't had the use recently for various reasons and this is one of the "go/no go" parameters mentioned in the handbook. Anyway the car was booked in and my inexpert diagnosis confirmed. The dealer noted a previously reported issue with the radio coming on a random, which they'd failed to solve. Anyway the car was booked in for an overnighter this week. Called today to say that the radio seemed to be the cause of the problem and that this was being replaced with a new one. Top service and it will be cleaned as well (hopefully)
 Top service from BMW. - Lygonos
One of the monkeys (my children) left the interior light of the FRV on - battery drained so that the engine could barely turn over and wouldn't start.

Out come the jump leads and then off for a run - car was running fine but the one-touch function for the electric window wasn't working - 2 days later it's fine so I presume some software glitch must have occured with the low voltage until the battery recharged.
Latest Forum Posts