Motoring Discussion > mot due? Legal Questions
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 9

mot due? - zookeeper
i cant find the current MOT certificate for the swmbo,s car that im driving at the mo...i know its due soon , i tried the online website but they require the ref number (that i dont have)
could i pop into the local police station and ask them if i provide the car reg numbers?
 mot due? - CGNorwich
No need to - check it yourself. If you haven't got the old MOT ref you can use the reference on your V5

Quote from website:

"If you don’t have your latest VT20 or VT30 certificate, you can use the document reference number from the V5C registration certificate. "
 mot due? - zookeeper
the swmbo is in italy at the mo, and i cant get in touch with her...ive searched the house high and low and i cant find any documents for the polo...ive found all the documents for the old cars but none for the current vehicle....dont know where to turn? i dont want to get pulled for a MOT violation
 mot due? - Meldrew
Get it MOTd first thing tomorrow and relax!
 mot due? - Bromptonaut
I suspect an MoT garage would be able to tell when test is due. They're certainly able to use the system to tell when they can give a '13 month' certificate without seeing any paper.
 mot due? - MD
Surely it is all on line now. i.e. VOSA
 mot due? - jc2
If it's less than a year,the garage where you had it done last should have a record.
 mot due? - L'escargot
I think this is what you need. tinyurl.com/35c74bu
 mot due? - Jacks
>> I think this is what you need. tinyurl.com/35c74bu
>>
To use the online service the OP would need the ref number from either the old MOT certificate or the V5. He's indicated he can't find either document.

As suggested - just book it in and get it done, even if you are a few weeks early.

J
 mot due? - L'escargot
For next year get a text reminder ............... tinyurl.com/74fe5zv
Latest Forum Posts