Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: DP Replies: 18

Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - DP
Is it just me, or does this really push your "want" button in a way that very few modern cars do?

OK, 17 mpg offends many aspects of the times we live in, but putting that aside for a moment, is there anything else on this planet that combines the roles of sensible family car, and exhilarating solo driving / trackday plaything so well?

(Link to Pistonheads - mods: hope this is OK, please delete and accept my apologies if not)

www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25908

I need one of these in my life :-)

Cheers
DP
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Crankcase
Nice piece. Perhaps if the "My Drive" feature ever gets done here it might be similar.
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Focusless
"it always feels brilliant. Not only when you're on the limit at Spa or Rockingham, but also just popping down to Asda for some nappies or milk."

I do like the idea of trundling round Asda car park on a Saturday morning in that thing.
It was the piece about parking in 'Parent and Child' spaces and then producing a buggy, 'much to the disdain of Mr and Mrs Hybrid', that made me chuckle. :-)

Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - VxFan
They do sound lovely when you're following behind.

I have since found out the 09 reg I saw and heard a few months ago ( www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=9252 ) works just down the road from me. Quite surprised to find the driver is female. I would have thought one of these beasts would have been more of a man thing, but there you go.
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Armel Coussine
These proper Holdens are the best off-the-peg snorting monsters available and have been for years.

They're bargain-priced too. Really make me wish I had Lud's sort of money.
A friend of mine has just sold his. He went into the Vauxhall dealership a couple of years ago with the intention of buying a diesel Insignia, and came out with one of the last of the VXR8s at some completely ridiculous price (30% discount, IIRC).

They really are wonderful cars. What's not to love about a big, comfy five seater saloon with a Corvette engine?
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - legacylad
in my dream garage it has just replaced the M3 V8.
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Boxsterboy
In a similar vein I like the look of the new Cherolet Camaro. Or maybe I've just been watching too much of the new Hawaii 5-0, which makes the car look so damn sexy!
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - TeeCee
I reckon that in the current crop of "reimagined" classic muscle cars, the Dodge Challenger takes the prize.
There's one going around these parts in matte black with a longitudinal red stripe running the length of it on top. Looks marvellous and rather intimidating.

Shame they'd already reused the Charger name on something more prosaic and had to rename it....
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - ....
>> in my dream garage it has just replaced the M3 V8.
>>
Why ? The V8 BMW will be a classic as the 'only' V8 M3. A V8 Vauxhall will be worth TSROFA in three years time.
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - R.P.
The M3 can be a very discreet looking motor...if you choose the right colour. I'd have one in a blink of an eye....
I'd have a V8 M3 in the garage in ANY colour...if I had Lud's sort if money.
Bound to appreciate...in time when quality shows through and the latest gubbermint fad of the day interest has come to pass.
+1
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Kevin
>Quite surprised to find the driver is female.

Why?

Have you never felt the organ-displacing vibrations from a Chevy V8 with a good exhaust ;-)

Mrs K isn't even interested in driving the quiet, comfortable, serene Jag but she loves the Chevy.
My wife will have something to say about that as well. She's a petrol head who drives a er...Volvo albeit a hot one !
>> >Quite surprised to find the driver is female.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Have you never felt the organ-displacing vibrations from a Chevy V8 with a good exhaust
>> ;-)
>>
>> Mrs K isn't even interested in driving the quiet, comfortable, serene Jag but she loves
>> the Chevy.
>>
That's why Mrs gmac has a CBR600. Never...ever...mention snicking a bike into first gear when she is around...
...back on subject the only downside to the Bathurst is it's a bit like wearing a take your pick of football team shirt to receive your OBE.
 Vauxhall VXR8 - 610 bhp VXR8 Bathurst S.....dribble.... - Zero
I love the big Holdens, they are simple, honest, crude, rough, brutal and obscenely un PC.
Latest Forum Posts