Motoring Discussion > Replacement boot carpet Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 15

Replacement boot carpet - TheManWithNoName
Never thought this would be so hard to find.
I need to replace the boot carpet from my Peugeot 406 estate but a main dealer wants nearly £200 for the privilege! GSF website doesnt sell them and there's nothing obvious on ebay. Lots of places sell a boot liner but not the actual mat. I don't even want a direct replacement, just a mat that's the right shape and finished round the edges so it doesnt fray.
I'm resigned to buying some grey carpet offcut and using the old carpet as a template.
Every scrap dealer I've tried doesnt have one or they're just as dirty/smelly as my one.
Clearly a niche market being missed here!
 Replacement boot carpet - Bromptonaut
Would you be able to source something model specific in France? Maybe on the website of Norauto or similar.
 Replacement boot carpet - Zero
Typed in "peugeot 46 estate boot carpet" to google

Hit number 1

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-406-Estate-1995-to-2005-Tailored-Carpet-Boot-Mat-/280895060942?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4166a67bce#ht_2101wt_1156
thanks Zed. I did view this earlier but must have mis read it thinking it was just a thin covering for existing carpet. Doh.
 Replacement boot carpet - TeeCee
>> thanks Zed. I did view this earlier but must have mis read it thinking it
>> was just a thin covering for existing carpet. Doh.
>>

As it says on that one "This is a protection mat to put on top of your existing original boot floor, not a direct replacement", I don't think that you misread anything....
Well I used this mob to get some floor mats for the lancer. The fit and quality was excellent. I guessed a fully tailored floor type mat on top of his existing floor would be what he was after. Maybe its not
 Replacement boot carpet - Iffy
The boot floor, strictly, is the metal bit, so I doubt anyone would be replacing that.

Ring them and ask what the mat's made of.
Thanks. Could be useful.

Anyone know the French word for carpet?
;-)
 Replacement boot carpet - Dog
>>Anyone know the French word for car pet?<<

Mademoiselle.

:}
 Replacement boot carpet - Gromit
You're looking for a "Tapis de coffre", literally "car boot carpet", but actually a boot liner.

Just found Feu Vert do made-to-measure carpet sets for the 406: www.feuvert.fr/tapis-sur-mesure/r95.html (they had an outlet near me while I was on holiday, which put them in mind) If you repeat the search, skip over the part where it asks for car registration details - this is just a refinement to match the parts offered to your exact model year of car.

Alternatively, a rubberised boot liner might make a better replacement than another carpet. At least you'd be able to wash off whatever caused the damage to the original carpet in the first place.

I got just such a liner tray for my 2003 Renault Scenic for approx €150 from the main dealer (cheaper than any third-party ones I could find); it was a perfect slot-in fit for the boot floor, and I'm sure you could remove the old carpet from under it without any problems.

PS: If you need replacement seat covers, Feu Vert sell made-to-measure ones for many French models: www.feuvert.fr/housses-sur-mesure/r93.html
 Replacement boot carpet - FocalPoint
"Anyone know the French word for carpet?"

Tapis/moquette d'auto sur mesure = fitted car carpet

Tapis de sol = floor carpet

Tapis de coffre = boot carpet

Bac de coffre = boot liner/tray

Try this - could be just what you need:

tinyurl.com/735jngl

Scroll down towards the bottom - the last two items are for a "Peugeot 406 break". "Break" is French for "estate". Cost: €52.50 = about £43. P & p extra, I assume.
 Replacement boot carpet - devonite
If you look in the HJ archives, you will probably find an extensive thread covering all aspects of Automotive matting!!!
It was such a comprehensive compilation, maybe it should be "ported" over here and made a "Sticky"!! ;-)
 Replacement boot carpet - Mapmaker
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=peugeot+406+estate+breaking

None of these any good?

If not, just put a search on eBay for peugeot 406 carpet and wait for the results to reach your inbox.
 Replacement boot carpet - Hacko
try this www.ukcarmats.co.uk/boot-mats/peugeot-boot-mat-liner.html

EH
Thanks for suggestions everyone.
I've ordered it now from fleabay.
Whatever quality it is, a thin liner or the full carpet, its got to to be better than the smelly thing I had in there!
I took some glass jars to the recycling centre a few weekends back - the bag they were in had been outside in all weathers for a few weeks. Unbeknown to me something 'orrible lurked in one of them and it STANK. Think it was a mayonnaise jar!

Tried scrubbing the carpet, used aftershave, bicarb of Soda, carpet cleaner - nothing, zilch, still stank like England's penalty taking.

Someone on here, who shall remain nameless did something very similar - only with creosote
Latest Forum Posts