Motoring Discussion > I'll take the high road Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 2

I'll take the high road - Runfer D'Hills
Who'd have thought it? Might be rubbish of course but it's something to argue about...

money.aol.co.uk/2012/07/04/where-should-you-buy-your-used-car/
 I'll take the high road - WillDeBeest
I certainly noticed regional differences in asking prices when I was looking for the Large Estate Car, but not until well north of Birmingham. I decided that travelling that far would be more trouble than it was worth - and in any case I didn't pay the asking price for the one I eventually bought 17 miles from home and just off my route to work. Given that I've had reason to go back a couple of times (the rear parking sensors are proving troublesome - I've had to resort to looking where I'm going) I feel vindicated there.
 I'll take the high road - Dulwich Estate
This isn't news at all.

Back in 1976, a Uni mate temporarily working in Glasgow, told me on the phone that he could only get £x for his Mini 1000. He said the deal was to be done the next day. I'd seen it before and knew it was worth much more in London, where I was living.

That night, after work, I dashed down to Heathrow and caught the BA Shuttle to Glasgow, had a few beers with my friend, slept on the floor and drove the Mini back to London the next day. I've no idea about insurance then and it probably didn't bother me anyway.

I tidied it up, put it in the local paper, and very soon sold it for about £120 (if I recall) more than I paid. PS The plane ticket and petrol didn't come to more than £30.

That was big money and a huge profit in 1976.
Latest Forum Posts