Motoring Discussion > She's a cracker..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 11

She's a cracker..... - Ted

....but don't dare look !

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170338/Driver-Doug-Maclean-fined-60-police--admiring-pretty-girl.html

Been away in leafy mid-Cheshire with the caravan so I don't know if this has been mentioned on here.

Anyone else guilty of this sort of behaviour ? I have to have numerous offences taken into consideration !

Ted
 She's a cracker..... - Manatee
He's right, it's no way to earn a living. Clearly not much job satisfaction in the police these days.

The police will always need the support of the wider public - so why create a system designed to destroy all public sympathy?

Sadly it's pretty much worked on me, and the remaining front line police seem to have no time for anything except humouring low-lifes or nicking easy targets for non-offences, to satisfy the new non-targets, which presumably replaced the counter-productive old targets that were ostensibly removed.

Stories like this don't help - DM, woman accused of racially aggravated assault -

goo.gl/66ft9
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 8 Jul 12 at 22:10
 She's a cracker..... - Zero

Mr Maclean admits that the photographic evidence shows him leaning over and staring out of the back window, having driven past the good-looking stranger – but he insists he was in full control of his car.

It was a really high-quality picture of me leaning across the seat of my vehicle,’ he said. ‘

Combined with what was probably a severe failure in the attitude test, I would say a nick was inevitable.
 She's a cracker..... - Manatee
Aw, why spoil a good story?

I use the mirrors myself.
 She's a cracker..... - Zero
I turn the car round for another look
 She's a cracker..... - apm
I knew Cinnamon at University (who is in that latter story), although lost touch after graduation. Thoroughly nice girl.

Motoring link: she drove a mid 70's BMW 1602 back then, navy blue.
 She's a cracker..... - Avant
Letting him off with a caution would have been the obvious thing to do: don't they get any training in people-skills nowadays?
 She's a cracker..... - DP
I stupidly did this once with SWMBO in the passenger seat. The look didn't compromise my ability to drive the car safely. The punch in the side of the head I got from SWMBO, which made me see stars, most certainly did.
 She's a cracker..... - zookeeper
we need eyes like a camelion to get away with that carry on , one eye on the SWMBO and the other eye on the crumpet....if you see what i mean
 She's a cracker..... - Armel Coussine
Someone in the same class as me at age 14 or 15, cycling to school in Plymouth, rode into the back of a Standard Vanguard while looking at a girl on the pavement. He lost a couple of front teeth and his book-laden satchel swung over his head and made a dent in the middle of the Vanguard's roof.

He was much teased, but also much admired, when he reappeared.
 She's a cracker..... - neiltoo
Sat outside a cafe in Florence in 1966 (yes, I know!!)(I was very young!!)there was a crash at the adjacent junction - wing to wing - no injuries, but the drivers got out to "discuss" fault, then agreed that they had both been looking at the attractive girl on the opposite corner, shook hands and both drove off.
 She's a cracker..... - Armel Coussine
On the way from the station to our hotel in Rome in 1969 the taxi driver, giving a fine exhibition of rapid, insouciant and stylish progress, alarmed even me by swerving at undiminished speed towards a young woman who was walking rapidly across the road.

She didn't break into a run or even look round, but with a matador-like twitch of her very shapely nyash moved it just far enough for the taxi's right front quarter to miss it by what looked like millimetres.

Herself nearly had a heart attack and was inclined to disapprove, but I was immensely impressed by the full-blooded Italianness displayed by both parties. Utterly brilliant spontaneous street theatre.
Latest Forum Posts