Motoring Discussion > Mods n' Rockers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 14

Mods n' Rockers - Dog
Those scooters look mighty dangerous with their tiny wheels (like certain folding pushbikes!)

I had a couple of scooters: GT 200 / SX 200, but soon moved onto a Suzuki GT 250 / Honda 550.

This is an excellent YouTube BTW - S'good being young innit :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN8cV5l0xSM&feature=youtu.be
 Mods n' Rockers - L'escargot
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN8cV5l0xSM&feature=youtu.be
>>

I get an on-screen message that this video is currently unavailable.
 Mods n' Rockers - Clk Sec
It's OK here.
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
And here ;)
 Mods n' Rockers - Zero
I started on a 1950s LD150, moved to an SX200 when I became road legal, and then onto a proper bike (Ducatti) when I passed my test.

So I was a mod and a rocker.
After it was fashionable to be either.
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
I was a quasi modrockhippy I suppose as I wore a parker on the scooters and a bright orange helmet :)

I never wore leathers on the m/bikes though (only in bed!)

:}
 Mods n' Rockers - Ted
>
>> I never wore leathers on the m/bikes though (only in bed!)
>>
>> :}
>>

Not worth the trouble of getting them on, I would have thought, just for a minute or so....:-(

Ted
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
>>Not worth the trouble of getting them on, I would have thought, just for a minute or so....:-(
<<

Remind me to tell thee about my, eh, ascent of Lorna back in 68.

:-)
 Mods n' Rockers - MD
>> I never wore leathers on the m/bikes though (only in bed!) :}
>>
With a Stud? (0:-:0)
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
This young lady is wearing leather, but appears to have nothing to ride, unfortunately.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FauHsI7A0nc
 Mods n' Rockers - zookeeper
aint slash from stoke on trent?
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
Dunno, I was more interested in the Gibby Les Paul riff, I could listen to that for 2 days non-stop no problem.
 Mods n' Rockers - helicopter
By jove - Same here Zero...

My very first mid sixties transport I had an old LD 150, then bought a new J125 Starstream and travelled the country on it , Cornwall to Northumberland ... I was then seduced by the new Japanese bikes and had a Yamaha 100 cc twin and an RD 250 .

I then bought a Triumph Tiger 100 which left me stranded on the old A1 somewhere in Lincolnshire on a Sunday.....

It dumped oil all over my boots and the road and finally expired......

I paid £90 for it ( a lot of money in early seventies ) and eventuall sold it for spares for £25.

That bike in good condition would be worth several thousand pound these days
 Mods n' Rockers - Dog
>>That bike in good condition would be worth several thousand pound these days<<

E'e be having a larf Shirley:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-Tiger-100-/230756138558?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item35ba233e3e
 Mods n' Rockers - zookeeper
i was a 'grebo'.... from a beezer c15 right up to a honda cb 750 kz...then i had a haircut and bought a car
Latest Forum Posts