Motoring Discussion > Classic quote!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 9

Classic quote!! - BobbyG
I am sitting in Kwik Fit just now and a woman has just brought a C Max in.
Without a word of a lie, she has told the guy that she thinks it has a slow puncture.

She has tried pumping it up and the top half of the tyre is going up but the bottom half is staying flat!!!
 Classic quote!! - Zero
Where that? Kwik Fit in Dublin?
 Classic quote!! - Lygonos
Methinks she'll be leaving with 4 new tyres, brakes and shockers all round, and a full exhaust.

Classic quote!! - BobbyG
Na it was Motherwell! And no extra work as it was a mobility car. As was every car that came in whilst I was sitting there getting my car air con re gassed.
 Classic quote!! - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah, but to be fair Bobby, Motherwell is kind of one of those places where they communicate with banjos anyway isn't it? Webbed feet and so on...

:-)
 Classic quote!! - ....
Can't she roll the car forward half a wheel turn then blow up the other top half :-)
 Classic quote!! - Focusless
I went into Kwik Fit 2 weekends ago to get a £54 tyre for the Colt. There was a guy in there getting a quote for 3 tyres for his SUV. '87 quid?' he asks. 'No, £870' says the lad behind the counter :o
 Classic quote!! - Ted

We have an account with KF...Won't use them. They never have the tyres I want in stock and never repair a puncture. It's always a new tyre.

Opened an account with a branch of National nearer the City centre...great bunch of lads.
Keep tyres in stock and fit me in before other punters so I can get the car back earning.

MOTs at £27.50 as well.

Ted
 Classic quote!! - R.P.
I've used the local National around here - much the same experience.
 Classic quote!! - Notdoctorchris
>>
>> We have an account with KF...Won't use them. They never have the tyres I want
>> in stock and never repair a puncture. It's always a new tyre.

I had that with Kwikfit a few years back. Stuck in Leicester on a Sunday with a puncture which they wouldn't repair. It didn't gain them a sale though as the car was a Panda 4x4 running on all season tyres which they had no replacement for.
Forced me to drive all the way back to Sunderland at 50mph on a spacesaver. Local independent repaired the puncture without compunction.
Haven't gone anywhere near a Kwikfit since.
Latest Forum Posts