Motoring Discussion > Pat's 'drive a lorry day. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Pat's 'drive a lorry day. - bathtub tom
Back from a wonderful day with Pat and her cronies driving lorries (apparently trucks are American) around her employer's yard.

I never realised they were so cosseted with air-con, cruise control and beds. ;>)

Seriously, a big thank you to Pat, Brett's transport and her driver chums who gave up a Saturday for us.
 Pat's 'drive a lorry day. - FocalPoint
Glad you enjoyed it.

My day with Pat at Bretts last year was one of my life's highlights and afterwards I could not believe I had actually been in charge (albeit for a short time and distance) of such a huge artic. And de-coupled/re-coupled the trailer! And reversed it!!!!!

Talk about boys' toys! Made my summer, it did.
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Sat 21 Jul 12 at 23:01
 Pat's 'drive a lorry day. - Pat
The sun shone, and the mud turned to dust:) Tha baldies got sunburned and we all nodded off at the BBQ afterwards!

Pat
 Pat's 'drive a lorry day. - Duncan
Yes, but who was looking after the cats?
The cats are fat after clearing up the left over BBQ!

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Sun 22 Jul 12 at 07:48
 Pat's 'drive a lorry day. - Skip
Have they forgiven you now for leaving them while you went on holiday ?
No....we're off again in September!

Pat
We have always left the cat at home with the neighbours feeding him and according to them has always seemed quite happy, however last time we were away they said after 3 days he started to get upset and spent most of his time sitting on the drive staring down the road which made me feel awful (I am very "soft" when it comes to animals). I am considering putting him in a cattery in September to see if that would be better for him.

Sorry for the thread drift
I don't think it would Skip, they like familiar surroundings and smells.

Have you anyone who would 'move in' while you're away for company?

Pat
I am working on that one Pat, the problem is that most of our friends and family seem to either have cats of their own, or dogs that dont like cats !
Latest Forum Posts