Motoring Discussion > Gunther and Otto Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 9

Gunther and Otto - Zero
Now this is motoring.

Back in 1989, as the Berlin Wall fell, Gunther Holtorf and his wife Christine set out on what was meant to be an 18-month tour of Africa in their Mercedes Benz G Wagon. Now, with more than 800,000km on the clock, Gunther is still going.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18910560
 Gunther and Otto - ToMoCo
Motoring indeed.

Ha, some of those bridges!!
 Gunther and Otto - Dog
Woss that work out in gallons of fuel I wonder, as the Geländewagen is a bit-of-a guzzler!
 Gunther and Otto - Dulwich Estate
Good luck to Gunther - I'm quite envious.

These two slightly worn sayings seem pretty apt:

Life is too short for regrets but if I am to have any, I'd rather they were for things I have done than for things I have not.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, while loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride!"
 Gunther and Otto - bathtub tom
I can only play the first 22 seconds of that video. I've tried repeatedly. I get a message in the top LH corner: buffering 67%...

Is it my end?
 Gunther and Otto - VxFan
>> Is it my end?

No problem this end - which is unusual with viewing this sort of thing at work.
 Gunther and Otto - Armel Coussine
That's terrific stuff Zeddo, touching as well as interesting. Gunther must be very fit by my current standards. Some of the Africa photos (including the bridges) take me back a bit, but the thought of going there now makes my heart sink. I wouldn't have the energy and would become a burden on everyone.

Excellent testimonial to the Ottowagen.
 Gunther and Otto - ....
That must cost him a bob or two getting Otto back to Germany every two years for the TÜV test.
 Gunther and Otto - Dutchie
Nice video Otto and Gunther. His wife looked very fit shame she died.
 Gunther and Otto - zookeeper
the otto cycle to the extreme
Latest Forum Posts