Motoring Discussion > Random Acts of Kindness Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 15

Random Acts of Kindness - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18969979

There are some good people in the world.
 Random Acts of Kindness - zookeeper
brilliant
 Random Acts of Kindness - Dutchie
A kind act to support this service.What my question is that a emergency service like this should be funded out of taxpayer money. Am I wrong in thinking this? To rely on handouts feels not right to me.
 Random Acts of Kindness - MD
You are so right Dutchie, but whilst we British pay, the POWERS that be will sit on their hands.
Last edited by: Martin Devon on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 20:28
 Random Acts of Kindness - Westpig
>> What my question is that a emergency service like
>> this should be funded out of taxpayer money. Am I wrong in thinking this? To
>> rely on handouts feels not right to me.
>>

Same with the RNLI. Why on earth don't we pay for it as a country.
Fat better being funded in the way it is - avoids political willy waving, random cuts and re-structuring one of the few things that are well funded and reliable in this country...let's leave it alone.
 Random Acts of Kindness - Kevin
>Fat better being funded in the way it is...let's leave it alone.

Amen to that PU.
 Random Acts of Kindness - Zero
And yet in Surrey, our Air Ambulance is banned from 22:00 to 07:00 because the residents near its base "don't want their peace disturbed"
 Random Acts of Kindness - Ted

You want to hear the Coppycopter here when it hovers just above the chimney at two in the morning.

No doubt looking for some scrote who's nicked a poke of chips from the local chippy !

Ted
Yeah, used to be based near us so was always flying low over the hoos
We get 22 Sqn outbound and inbound over the house (some muppet fallen of a hillock somewhere) also the Air Ambulance flying from the island towards Eggbutty Gwynedd (hospital) - lots of low flying here some days as the approach to RAF Mona is just to the north of the house - guess they have corridors they must fly along to avoid Crab Air.

Edit: How random is that - Sea King just flying outward towards the hills a few seconds ago !
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 24 Jul 12 at 22:57
 Random Acts of Kindness - henry k
>> And yet in Surrey, our Air Ambulance is banned from 22:00 to 07:00 because the
>> residents near its base "don't want their peace disturbed"
>>
>>
Air ambulances to fly at night in Sussex, Kent and Surrey from early next year, creating a 24-hour service.
The Air Ambulance charity is moving one of its two helicopters from Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey to nearby Redhill to cover the three counties by night.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-19991427

An extra £1m each year will be needed by the charity.
>> >> And yet in Surrey, our Air Ambulance is banned from 22:00 to 07:00 because
>> the
>> >> residents near its base "don't want their peace disturbed"
>> >>
>> >>
>> Air ambulances to fly at night in Sussex, Kent and Surrey from early next year,
>> creating a 24-hour service.
>> The Air Ambulance charity is moving one of its two helicopters from Dunsfold Aerodrome in
>> Surrey to nearby Redhill to cover the three counties by night.
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-19991427
>>
>> An extra £1m each year will be needed by the charity.

Its to rationalise operations and support with the Police chopper. Surrey is moving its chopper from Odiham (used to be at Fairoaks) to Redhill, and will be cosharing it with Sussex police.

You can expect Surrey and Sussex police to merge some time in the next 2-5 years.
 Random Acts of Kindness - bathtub tom
>>Same with the RNLI. Why on earth don't we pay for it as a country.

Whilst not wishing to denigrate the heroism and sacrifices made by their volunteers, IIRC there's something that allows them to use the boat for 'salvage rights' (at their own cost for fuel). Could be a nice little earner?
 Random Acts of Kindness - helicopter
Talking of random acts of Kindness , has anybody read Danny Wallace's book Join Me?

Danny formed his own cult simply by asking people to join him....... to see if they would , he had no plan other than to get 1000 people to join him and no objectives for his joinees.

The idea of random acts of kindness on Fridays came about as more people joined , however IIRC the first act of kindness was to a gentleman who had 'lost his wallet ' and was a con man.

www.join-me.co.uk/

Its a good fun book....
 Random Acts of Kindness - helicopter
...... and the 20th July was a Friday......
Latest Forum Posts