Motoring Discussion > X1 Sold Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 36

X1 Sold - R.P.
Not made much of an effort to do so, always finding little excuses no to, anyway the insurance was coming to an end on Friday next week and a concerted effort to sell was made - selling that sort of car for cash in these times was to me going to be hard. I punted it to a couple of dealers - one clearly was disinterested because it was a manual. The other wanted it and kept me on a hook for a few days, his last offer was to give me what I was asking for and sell it on my behalf, taking any part ex and offering his own warranty. I phoned BMW who offered me a surprisingly decent price.

I spoke to the dealer who was most interested and he suggested trying e-bay. Within half an hour it had sold for a little more than I expected. Car was collected today by a dealer from darn sarff...Happy now.

On a separate note looking at the FPV (Future Proposed Vehicle) for when I get bored of the 3 series.......A smaller car makes sense...star the bidding on a fully loaded Fiat 500 Twin Air...?

Oh, on another note - The X1 cost me £320 to insure last year with LV, their renewal offered me the same cover for £280.00 - bargain !
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 29 Jul 12 at 17:37
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
I peered through the window of the FIAT dealership near Marble Arch the other night. They have the Abarth franchise too. A little 500 Abarth rather took me. Webasto type sunroof. I could quite see a retired, ( if I had a sodding pension ) version of me in one of those. I'd probably tire of it is the only tenuous consolation. How could you get a couple of fence panels in one of those for example?
 X1 Sold - Zero
>> I peered through the window of the FIAT dealership near Marble Arch the other night.
>> They have the Abarth franchise too. A little 500 Abarth rather took me. Webasto type
>> sunroof. I could quite see a retired, ( if I had a sodding pension )
>> version of me in one of those.

Its not a car for old bones, unless you are good at skeletal pain management.
 X1 Sold - MD
>>How could you get a couple of fence panels in one of those for example?
>>
Snap 'em in half. They're crap these days!
 X1 Sold - Zero

>> On a separate note looking at the FPV (Future Proposed Vehicle) for when I get
>> bored of the 3 series.......A smaller car makes sense...star the bidding on a fully loaded
>> Fiat 500 Twin Air...?

I seriously suggest you try one for a longish trip, two hours at least. Over varied road services.
 X1 Sold - Londoner
>> On a separate note looking at the FPV (Future Proposed Vehicle) for when I get
>> bored of the 3 series......
Blimey,RP! I thought that I was a tough one to please - but I am not in the same league as you! ;-)
 X1 Sold - Focusless
>> A smaller car makes sense...

How about a well-specced A1?
 X1 Sold - Old Navy
>> >> A smaller car makes sense...
>>
>> How about a well-specced A1?
>>

Or one of these?

tinyurl.com/c7ud9dt
 X1 Sold - Focusless
That piece is from 2009 - what happened to it? Was it shelved?
 X1 Sold - Zero
I read somewhere that BMW was starting to think it wouldn't sell in the US.
 X1 Sold - R.P.
I was trying to find my recent info - may have been the BMW magazine - I think it's on the cards actually..
 X1 Sold - rtj70
The chassis for the smaller BMW (which will be called the 1 series GT) is shared with next year's new Mini. So it will be out sooner rather than later.

Details/photos in last weeks Auto Express. Found this link online:

www.bmwblog.com/2012/02/01/exclusive-bmw-1-series-gt-to-launch-at-paris-motor-show/

Car aimed to take on Mercedes' B-Class so more of an MPV... so maybe not that small?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 29 Jul 12 at 21:44
 X1 Sold - Old Navy
I knew had seen a reference to it recently, must have been in last weeks AE magazine.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 29 Jul 12 at 22:01
 X1 Sold - R.P.
Been on patrol ON ?
 X1 Sold - Old Navy
Yes, Baltic capitals and St Petersburg. Russian sunburn hurts. :-) I saw some Russian submarines close up that have given me grief in the past.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 29 Jul 12 at 22:06
 X1 Sold - R.P.
Sounded like a good holiday !

Go to pay the folding into the bank tomorrow - No doubt there will be questioning involved (Proceeds of Crime Act) - rehearsing my replies....

"No I've not had any taxpayers money, no I've not miss-sold anything and no I'm not laundering money for Mexican drug dealers.....!"
 X1 Sold - Avant
"How about a well-specced A1?"

Maybe it's just me, but the three-door A1 puts me in mind of the two-door Austin Allegro. The five-door looks much better to my eyes.

It probably is just me, as the Citroen Berlingo reminds me of the 1940s Jowett Bradford: Ted at least will remember those: the ugly sister to the Javelin's Cinderella.
 X1 Sold - WillDeBeest
What was I looking at the other day? Newly introduced and with an Allegro-esque squared-off steering wheel. I have a feeling it was the oversized Fiat 500 Countryman, or whatever they're calling it. 'Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it', or however that ought to go.
 X1 Sold - R.P.
Keeping the three series for the time being - just transferred the extended warranty I bought for the X1 onto it. Paid the Scottish notes into the local LloydsTSB branch, they randomly tested three notes under UV, otherwise they didn't batter an eyelid. Job sorted, nice comfy feeling tonight. Owning both gave left me a little uncomfortable....spending a portion of the cash on a nice little scooter tomorrow.
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
Really hard to be cool on one of those. ( one would think anyway ) Maybe it's OK in Wales.

:-)
 X1 Sold - Iffy
...Really hard to be cool on one of those...

Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn managed it during their Roman Holiday:

tinyurl.com/ccaeg2f
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
>>Roman Holiday

Tougher call for a middle aged bloke in North Wales. Maybe he'll pull it off of course...

X1 Sold - Zero
or fall off.
 X1 Sold - R.P.
Try to avoid that.
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
I can't seem to stop humming "Born to be Wild" at the very thought of such a mean machine.

X1 Sold - R.P.
When I say scooter, it has got 400cc good for around the ton and 70mpg
 X1 Sold - Iffy
Bergman?
 X1 Sold - Clk Sec
>>good for around the ton

I hope it has bigger wheels than my old Vespa.
 X1 Sold - R.P.
Majesty iffy. And yes the wheels are good !
 X1 Sold - Iffy
...Majesty iffy...

Always knew you were a closet monarchist.

X1 Sold - R.P.
The thought has occurred to me several times iffy !
 X1 Sold - Iffy
...The thought has occurred to me several times iffy !...

It's even got a king and queen seat:

tinyurl.com/btdvqu5

Are you sure you still want it? :)

X1 Sold - R.P.
I may have to remove the head at some stage...
 X1 Sold - Iffy
Is it a Royal blue one?

X1 Sold - R.P.
Funny you should say that......
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
Blue you say?

www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/tmc/lowres/tmcn330l.jpg
 X1 Sold - Runfer D'Hills
'course, you could always take it to the next level...

gadgetsin.com/uploads/2011/04/qtvan_mobility_scooter_caravan_for_riders_loving_travels_1.jpg

Latest Forum Posts