Motoring Discussion > quotemehappy.com - what a joke. Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 9

quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - Badwolf
Rant warning!

My wife took out a new policy with quotemehappy.com when she changed her car at the start of June. Immediately afterwards we went on holiday for a fortnight and on our return we scanned her proof of no claims and uploaded it onto quotemehappy's website. She received an email confirming that the proof had been successfully uploaded and it was also available to view in the 'My Account' section of their website.

My wife doesn't check her emails very often (something I have tried to get her to improve on) so was shocked to fond an email dated a week earlier that told her that because she had failed to upload her proof of no claims, her insurance had been cancelled. This means that she had been driving around for a week without insurance. Also they have charged her a £53 cancellation fee.

Quotemehappy are an internet-only company so there are no phone numbers to call. We have sent five emails over the past week but have so far received no reply. I have tried ringing Aviva, who own the brand, only to be told that I should keep emailing.

If you're looking for insurance do yourself a favour and steer well clear of quotemehappy..
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - CGNorwich
"Quotemehappy are an internet-only company so there are no phone numbers to call. We have sent five emails over the past week but have so far received no reply. I have tried ringing Aviva, who own the brand, only to be told that I should keep emailing. "

Here you go - complaint procedure complete with Ombudsman telephone numbers from their website.

www.quotemehappy.com/portals/0/docs/Quotemehappy.com_Complaint_Enquiry_Leaflet.pdf

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 2 Aug 12 at 16:02
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - John H
>> Here you go - complaint procedure complete with Ombudsman telephone numbers from their website.
>>

Also, at the bottom of their website there is the company's registered office address. Write to them there and complain if you think that the quotemehappy website does not conform with:

www.out-law.com/page-9545

"The German Federation of Consumers' Associations (Bundesverband) took a court case to try to force online insurance seller deutsche internet versicherung (DIV) to publish its telephone number on its website."

quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - teabelly
I didn't think you could legally cancel insurance cover via email. The old procedures dictated a minimum of a couple of letters including one recorded delivery! I'd be reporting them to whoever over sees these kinds of things now. It used to be GISC but that has disappeared.
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - Bill Payer

>> Quotemehappy are an internet-only company so there are no phone numbers to call. We have
>> sent five emails over the past week but have so far received no reply. I
>> have tried ringing Aviva, who own the brand, only to be told that I should
>> keep emailing.
>>

Check if they're on Facebook or Twitter - posting complaints on there seems to be the only way to get a response from a fair number of companies these days. You might also be able to pick up someone's name and email address - that produced an answer from Virgin in 24hrs to a complaint that had been outstanding for 6 weeks.
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - No FM2R
In their own policy they do confirm that the cover may be cancelled if they give 7 days notice to your last known address as per RTA.

However, and you'll know better than me, it appears that in amongst all the stuff you went through when taking out your policy was an acknowledgement that "your last known address" is the registered e-mail address you used. It would also appear that you agreed to take responsibility to both the security and the monitoring of that account. I am not sure about this, but it is the implication of those bits that I did read.

You need to go back and check the documentation that was presented to you in the process which you may or may not have read.

I suspect, and I don't know, that you're going nowhere legally. Consequently the thrust of your process should be customer service rather than the validity of their processes.

Mind you, that's only my wild ass guess.
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - Woodster
I haven't read the T & C's but I suspect that taking 14 days to upload NCB was the problem. I'm with them now and haven't had any difficulty but that might change if I want to make a claim!
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - Bromptonaut
Brilliant post Mark, we miss that sort of insight.
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - teabelly
Sending one email to cancel is far too lax for something as important as car insurance. For that reason I'd not touch them at all.

If GISC demanded 3 contacts before cancellation I don't see why they can do that with just one email. Think there was also a minimum of 14 days notice too.
 quotemehappy.com - what a joke. - Badwolf
>> Check if they're on Facebook or Twitter...

You, sir, are a genius!

I found their Facebook page and posted the details on their 'wall'. We have now received a refund of the cancellation charge, although there is no explanation of what went wrong, nor is there any genuine apology. Still, we have our money back so that is the main thing.

I still wouldn't touch quotemehappy with a barge pole though.
Latest Forum Posts