Grey shoes. Twonk.
 Check out his shoes... - R.P.
and er.....Velcro....
 Check out his shoes... - Runfer D'Hills
Buckles I think. Worse.
 Check out his shoes... - Zero
tit.
 Check out his shoes... - Runfer D'Hills
I think it's a pair of these. If anyone is taken with the look that is...

eshoecabinet.com/goods-103-Ash-Men-039-s-Vincent-Grey-Leather-Trainer.html
As you say even worse. I wouldn't even if I had Lud's money.

What the heck do you "train" for in those ?
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 5 Aug 12 at 21:51
they are pretty foul.
 Check out his shoes... - Fullchat
Top Tip. Don't mess with American cops. Result!
>> Top Tip. Don't mess with American cops. Result!

How to get from a $30 ticket to a night in the cells with Big Bubba in one easy lesson.
 Check out his shoes... - Kevin
>I think it's a pair of these.

I think the "Used effect toe cap" is a nice touch.
 Check out his shoes... - devonite
Mr Plod overstepped the mark in more ways than one!
 Check out his shoes... - diddy1234
it kind of makes a mockery of Courtesy, profession ism and respect (as shown on the police car).
 Check out his shoes... - Fullchat
That's a two way street.
 Check out his shoes... - Old Navy
>> That's a two way street.
>>

As in "Attitude test".
 Check out his shoes... - Westpig
>> it kind of makes a mockery of Courtesy, profession ism and respect (as shown on
>> the police car).
>>

Not to be confused with 'Back down, fail to do your job thoroughly and let the non compliant off'.

Presumably, if you are the sort of person that would patiently wait for your ticket on your illegally parked car, when the cop is there writing it...you'd find it irritating if others who return and drive off over the cop's foot were to get away with it?
 Check out his shoes... - diddy1234
I was just highlighting the typical American police overzealous response.
He was right to get nicked though.
he was lucky he didnt get shot.
 Check out his shoes... - Londoner
>> I was just highlighting the typical American police overzealous response.
>>
"overzealous"? The American police officer was a model of restraint to what I would have done to the twerp.
>> I was just highlighting the typical American police overzealous response.

In which case....would he not know this..and think it unwise to get in his car and drive so close to a police officer that at the very minimum he is going to brush past his leg?

There's an escalation of force there. The driver has not complied with the Officer's presence, has already caused injury, the Police Officer could have perceived it as an attempt to get away for another purpose rather than avoid a ticketing. Probably a number of options has flashed through the Officer's mind including the use of further (possibly armed ?) force to get away, so he's immobilised the potential threat by dragging the driver out (exposing his shoes to a waiting and laughing world) and pinning him down.
>> There's an escalation of force there. The driver has not complied with the Officer's presence,
>> has already caused injury

When you arrest someone, you are depriving them of their liberty...AND...showing them that you are in control (of them).

If you are arresting an old biddy in a supermarket, a gentle hand on her arm can be enough.

If you are arresting a young man who has already shown disdain and arrogance, and has assaulted the officer by driving at him (whether or not he'd run over his foot) then hauling him out and putting him to the ground is a sensible option, it doesn't allow any extras, you've already covered it.

There is a modern way sneaking in to British policing...well to be honest it's already snuck in. The softly, softly approach can be plain wrong at certain times. It allows the sh!ts of this world to take control of a situation, that really ought to have been controlled by the police officer.

It's not just a "I'm in control here and I don't fancy putting up with any weariness from you" it's also "I'm being paid here, by the public, to be robust when I need to be and I'm not taking any crap from you, because you won't be just having me over, you'll be having the whole community over".

Look at the riots we had not that long ago.There's times for nicey, nicey..and times for not.
Look the guy is clearly a tit. He has over half a million dollars of car, is wearing several hundred dollars worth of clothes, and has a designer GF that costs thousands of dollars a week to run.

And he tried to get out of a 30 dollar ticket.

Tit.
 Check out his shoes... - devonite
If the officer created such a fuss over a plastic bubble rolling over his foot, what would he have done if a REAL crook had stamped on his foot deliberately? were his shoes regulatory footwear?
Latest Forum Posts