Motoring Discussion > Devil's advocate Legal Questions
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 15

Devil's advocate - bathtub tom
Cutting the grass this afternoon, I got fed up with the number of speeding vehicles, so I put an old garden chair and camera tripod at the end of my driveway.

As I was doing this, I stopped a cyclist on the footpath and pointed out they were committing a criminal act as defined in the high court (19??) under section (?) of the highways act (XXXX). I also pointed out murders, rapists and paedophiles were criminals. They got on the road.

A couple of hours later I got an enraged father at my door accusing me of comparing his child to a paedophile. He threatened to report me to the police.

What chance of all my windows being intact in the morning (I've his registration number)?

The traffic did slow noticeably!
 Devil's advocate - Zero
Martin? send your Tit of the day award over to Toms place will you.
 Devil's advocate - Lygonos
Ahahahahahaaa...

I'm saving the contents of this forum for when I write my next sitcom.
 Devil's advocate - MD
>> Martin? send your Tit of the day award over to Toms place will you.
>>
NOT a chance Zeddo. 'tis mine until I un-tit!

Gotta smile at BT though. There ain't one of us here that hasn't thought of something similar I am sure.
 Devil's advocate - Armel Coussine
BT you are having us on, successfully it would appear.

>> Cutting the grass this afternoon, I got fed up with the number of speeding vehicles, so I put an old garden chair and camera tripod at the end of my driveway.

Yes, I too am often frightened and intimidated by the speeding trolleys and so on being wheeled by crazed small nippers when I am on one of the smoother bits of grass round here. These 4-year-olds are a menace to life and limb.

Quite right BT. They need a short sharp shock. Mind you the ones we have wouldn't be scared by a camera tripod. A .50 calibre machine gun wielded by a crazed nutter might just work.
 Devil's advocate - WillDeBeest
One Foot in the Summer Wine, Lygo?
Only Fools and Horsepower maybe.
 Devil's advocate - Dutchie
Be carefull who you fall out with.One of my workmates at BP a big man 6 five and heavy.He had a fall out with some lads at a busstop frightening people.They found out where he and his family lived.Moving house was his only option his wife got scared.
 Devil's advocate - Crankcase
>> Be carefull who you fall out with.

Can go the other way too, Dutchie.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyWahYXGHcc

Best bit about that unhappy-slapping video is the respectful way the guy shuts the gate at 1:53
 Devil's advocate - Crankcase
You kind of get the "that's not the last of it" feeling though. We don't talk much to our neighbours but at least they're perfectly nice!
 Devil's advocate - L'escargot
>> Cutting the grass this afternoon, I got fed up with the number of speeding vehicles,
>> so I put an old garden chair and camera tripod at the end of my
>> driveway.

Good idea, I might try it. The limit past our house is 40 mph following a 60 mph stretch, but it's a long, straight, semi-rural road and I reckon a lot are doing 70 mph (at least!). We have a grass verge (no pavement) and mowing it is hazardous to say the least.
 Devil's advocate - Dog
I may be wrong here, but bathtum tob was possibly thinking the tripod would look like a Martian heat ray machine from War of the Worlds.

:-}
 Devil's advocate - L'escargot
>> Cutting the grass this afternoon, I got fed up with the number of speeding vehicles,
>> so I put an old garden chair and camera tripod at the end of my
>> driveway.

What about a dummy speed camera? tinyurl.com/btpm59c
 Devil's advocate - Bigtee
A couple of hours later I got an enraged father at my door accusing me of comparing his child to a paedophile. He threatened to report me to the police.

Ask him if he likes sex and travel.!!
 Devil's advocate - Dog
>>Ask him if he likes sex and travel.!!<<

Join the club ~ the mile high club!

:}
Latest Forum Posts