Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com Buying / Selling
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 15

Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - maltrap
Has anyone sold a car using Webuyanycar.com. Their online valuation seems good and i,m thinking of trying them.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - No FM2R
I had one brief experience. This involved an initial, quite reasonable, valuation. Steady erosion of that valuation for one fault, wear & tear, etc. etc, or another and then months of junk mail.

I'd give them a go, but I doubt it'll work out, unless selling a car is something you truly hate (which it is for me, but not enough to take their final offer).
And if it makes any difference it was a second hand car with about a £35k value. They may be better or worse for different value brackets.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 13 Aug 12 at 17:43
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - DP
Lots of tales online from people who have been quoted good prices on the website, only to have the actual offer reduced considerably when they turn up at one of the company's premises with the car.

The condition needs to be EXACTLY as you described it on the site. They will pick out any defect and reduce the price accordingly.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - Clk Sec
Even for my modest 10 year old limousine, I might not be able to come to terms with selling to anyone who doesn't hand over the reddies before I hand over the keys. I'm a bit of a cash up front sort of fellow, I suppose.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - mikeyb
I have heard mixed tales, quite a few negative, but a few positive.

I figure if it costs nothing and you have a few hours spare then it's worth a punt. You can always walk away if it's not going how you want.

My own opinion is that many describe their cars as perfect when they are not, and I also suspect that some of the people who use this service are skint, so have skimped on maintainence. These are probably the most vocal about the service
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - idle_chatterer
Before my assignment abroad I tried their valuation of my wife's (then) 6 month old 2K mile Golf VI. I accept that this probably isn't their core market and our circumstances were unusual (selling a brand new car after only 6 months) but this was when there were supply issues on the 1.4TSi engine so there was a waiting list for new cars. They offered GBP3,000 LESS than the supplying dealer and GBP2,000 LESS than the other VW dealer we tried - both of whom were happy/keen to buy the car into stock.

I got 'spam' emails from them suggesting I accept their generous offer for at least 6 months afterwards.

Net is that I didn't use them, I wouldn't use them and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Last edited by: idle_chatterer on Tue 14 Aug 12 at 02:21
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - Dog
They're useful if y'all wanna get shot of a jamjar PDQ, like wot my sisters geezer did when he inherited his dads car, but other than that I wouldn't touch em with a Roach pole.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - R.P.
Punting the X1 about I tried these people for a laugh - a thousand pounds less than BMW were offering trade.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - Iffy
Brother recently sold his newish Panda to webuyanycar.

Told me he was happy with the price and service, although the latter would be more important to him.

Offered £800 less than I got for my Almera in part ex for the Lancer.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - Clk Sec
But you would have paid substantially less for the Lancer without a part exchange.
Swings n' roundabouts then really ;)
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - maltrap
Thanks everyone, don't think i,ll use them.
 Volkswagen Polo III - WeBuyanycar.com - mikeyb
I figure you have nothing to lose by asking. Use a gmail address, and give a false phone number, so no further spam.

They must be getting something right by the volume of expensive advertising
>>They must be getting something right by the volume of expensive advertising

Sadly I suspect that is correct. A bit like "pay day" loans.
Latest Forum Posts