Motoring Discussion > Killing season on roads in France Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 1

Killing season on roads in France - Falkirk Bairn
AND UK Holiday lunatics doing their best to keep the numbers up

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9456518/Summer-exodus-pushes-up-French-road-deaths-figure.html

137mph in a 80mph zone..............19 yr old- maybe daddy's car rather than the 19 y.o's as stated in the DT article.

About 25 years ago a director of a large computer company allowed his son to drive his 5 litre MB Company Car. He was killed + 2/3 of the passengers.

The only good that came out of it was Company car drivers could let their kids drive whilst accompanied by the employee (and only kids with a full licence). Bang went the extra tuition for my learner son.
 Killing season on roads in France - Dave_
I was up in the Scottish Highlands last week - it seems the local sport is trying to kill oneself there too. I was held up for a while after a FIAT 500 and a brand new Focus, both seemingly full of holidaymakers, had a head-on. Crumple zones and airbags fully deployed, boots opened and full of luggage but passengers ferried away before traffic was allowed to inch past. Nothing in the news subsequently so I assume no fatalities, unlike this one: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-19232378

The kind of 19-year-old Brit choosing to take his holiday in eastern France is quite likely to be able to afford a 137mph BMW, I would have thought. Most £2k S/H examples will do that speed if you try.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Mon 13 Aug 12 at 22:04
Latest Forum Posts