Motoring Discussion > Vengeance of the windscreen wiper Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 6

Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - Dog
Good idea this me thinks - clear up the doggie poop AND problem parkers in one foul swoop!

www.telegraph.co.uk/family/9475107/Vengeance-of-the-windscreen-wiper-who-fought-dirty.html
 Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - Westpig
If you pay your road fund licence, you can park anywhere that is legal to park, surely?

Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - L'escargot
>> If you pay your road fund licence, you can park anywhere that is legal to
>> park, surely?

Not if someone has obscured your licence with dog poo!
 Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - Westpig
I think AXA should have been more realistic with their parking issues...but...the individual people parking there are just normal folk, going about their daily routines.

Why should they have their vehicles criminally damaged?
 Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - Cliff Pope
I wonder what would happen if all road frontagers were granted the parking rights, much as river frontagers have mooring or fishing rights?

Then they could either retain the spaces for their own use, or rent them out at a market price.
The market would quickly establish a going rate, and everyone would be happy. Car-less people would get income, rich people would have to cough up, and companies moving into a parking-less area would have to factor in the cost of buying up parking rights.

If the loacal authority wanted to restrict parking they would have to buy the rights, by negotiation or compulsory purchase.

There would be a lively market on ParkingBay, with people bidding for 15 foot close to South Ken or 20 foot in Mayfair, or a cheap 50 yard stretch on an unmade road in Lincolnshire.
 Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - Dog
>>If you pay your road fund licence, you can park anywhere that is legal to park, surely?<<

Obviously, but I can well understand people having a hissy fit about inconsiderate parking.

We used to live here goo.gl/maps/XYOyS (Anglian windows BTW) and people would often park right across my drive when taking their children to the school and blocking my work van in.

Not that I would ever resort to The Vengence Of The Windscreen Viper but I can well imagine in some situations,
a phew people would.

Vengeance of the windscreen wiper - WillDeBeest
Brilliant, Cliff! Unfettered markets have been a huge success everywhere else, and have shaped the prosperous, mobile, happy society we have today. What could possibly go wrong?
}:---)
Latest Forum Posts